As Good as It Gets

Two Weeks Later
April 23th; 2026
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I asked Travis what he wanted to do. Did he want to fight for his family or get his shit together? So I waited to see what he chose. I'm quite sure he chose us because he's starting to treat me like he should have been. We still haven't had sex unfortunately which is genuinely driving me insane. How hard is it to screw your girlfriend?
Tomorrow I'll be 18 weeks pregnant already. I hid it for so long and lived in denial that I missed out on parts of my pregnancy. I'll never got to cherish times in the beginning. Ducky has already created such a big bump and added cake pops and butter croissants to the list of pregnancy cravings. Ducky apparently loves carbs. She has unfortunately made a point that coffee is no longer allowed in the household. My only cup of coffee of the day is gone and the smell of it is vomit-inducing. Not even Travis can drink it. One time I kissed him after he drank a cup and I smelled it off his breath. It didn't end well.

The best news of all is we got all the tests done and the results came back and Ducky is healthy! The NIPT test also confirmed that Ducky is a girl. I'm officially going to be a girl mom because I'm not having any more kids after this. Two has always been my limit. Right now I'm resting on the sofa watching Travis play with Viola who will be two in less than two months. Isn't that insane? Today has been particularly hard for me. Everything is just aching and I'm exhausted more than usual. For once I'm the one complaining in pain while Travis takes care of everything.

"Okay, ViVi, what colors do you want?" Travis asks her. She's finger painting and he's helping her. I know it's going to be a disaster afterwards but it's her favorite activity.

"Bink, burple, blue." She requests. She already knows all the colors from how often she finger-paints. We insisted if she finger paint this often she should at least learn the names of the colors.

"Okay, Peanut."  Travis grabs the colors and starts setting up the colors for her.

"Is she choosing all the colors that start with B?" I laugh.

"She didn't choose brown or black." He points out.

"Brown and black are shades, Travis," I explain to him. When you think of art when you're little the first thing you think of is paint, colors, and markers. I wanted to explore art in that aspect and learn about color theory. Brown is a shade of orange and black is technically the absence of light and I'm boring you...

"Well, pink is a tint!" Travis argues back.

"Why are we arguing over color theory?" I could argue about color theory if he wanted. I find it interesting. Better than arguing about football.

"Honest to god, I have no idea." Travis finishes setting up Viola's finger painting session and I wait for a disaster to occur. Last time she cried because it didn't look the way she wanted it to. Honestly, I completely felt that. "All set up."

"Yay!" ViVi squeals and I see her shove her hands in the paint.

"What do you say, Vi?" I shout from the sofa.

"Thank you, Daddy."

"You're welcome, Peanut." Travis kisses her on the head before coming to check on me. "How are you doing?" He asks me.

It's a very rhetorical question if you ask me. I can't get comfortable right now. I'm sitting on the couch but also awkwardly lying so half my body is on the couch and the other half is dragging on the floor. I'm just hanging on by my ass but this position was weirdly the only thing I liked. "I feel like I'm pregnant and not in a good way." I groan loudly and place a hand over my bump.

"You go rest. I got this." He sits next to me and smiles. I wasn't sure what I was feeling. It was something new. Uncomfortable but in a good way. There was something new about our relationship to be tested.