I'm Thinking of Ending Things

The Same Night (Before the ER visit)
January 26th; 2024
Travis Kelce's Point of View
Grace decided to come to New York City with me. I told her she didn't need to but she wanted to. She wanted to explore the city supposedly. Part of me believes she only said that to cover up some insecurity she has. I don't know how to convince her Taylor and I are nothing.
I took her to a nice restaurant in the city called One If by Land, Two If by Sea. It's voted the fifth most romantic restaurant in the world. It's $195 per person but I don't mind. Nothing I can't afford.
I'm eating my duck breast while Grace is picking at her halibut. I would be picking around a halibut too if I were her. It also has braised leeks and fava beans. She had to ask for the beurre blanc to be removed which is the only good part of that meal.

"Do you not like your halibut?" I ask before taking another bite of my duck.

"I do...I'm just not very hungry." She explains very monotonely.

"Ah okay. Well, I wish you could have been there. It was amazing. Me having a daughter? Can you believe it?" I tell her about the doctor's visit from today and all about how I'm having a girl.

"Mhm. Crazy." She pokes her fork at the fish, not taking a bite.

"And Taylor is absolutely adorable about everything. We bully each other too but in that fun way. We have such a great time together. Being friends and raising a baby might be weird but I'm so happy it's Taylor because she's amazing. She's been doing such a good job with the pregnancy." I feel like a dog whose owner just came home. I'm so overwhelmed with excitement and want to tell everyone.

"Totally." Grace finally takes a bite which makes me smile.

"Did I tell you that the baby was moving today?"

"Yes, Travis. You tell me everything that happens with the baby and Taylor." The agitation that escapes from her throat is sinful.

"What about-"

"Yes, Travis. You constantly talk about it. In fact, the entire dinner, it's all you've talked about. You haven't even asked me how my day was which was pretty shitty by the way. I was hoping to talk to you about it over dinner but here I am listening to you go off about your second girlfriend while I down some Merlot." I look over and see the half-empty bottle of wine. There's a moment of silence and I sigh.

"How was your day?" I ask awkwardly.

"Jesus Christ Travis." Grace groans setting her fork down.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really excited about this baby and sometimes I get a little lost in my thoughts."

"I understand being excited about the baby. I would be too. It's Taylor. You talk so much about her and it makes me insecure."

"I'm sorry. I promise I'll try and be better about it. I'm 100% paying attention to just you now. Tell me about your day. What happened?"

"I decided to go to Central Park while you and Taylor were at the doctor." The conversation gets interrupted by my phone ringing and I take a glance. I mute my phone and place it back down. "It's her." Grace already knows.

"Grace..."

"Pick it up. Otherwise, you'll be thinking about it all night."

I nod shamefully and pick up the phone. "Taylor?"

My worst nightmare has come to life. Taylor thinks she could be losing the baby. Everything came to a stop and I didn't care about Grace's problems. I try to calm down Taylor but I know that won't work. We both decide to go to the emergency room and she hangs up the phone.

"You have to leave, don't you? What is it this time? Emergency mac and cheese? Is she upset because one of her cats stopped cuddling with her? Or does she need Rambo again?" All are reasons I have left Grace to see Taylor.