No Strings Attached

Two Weeks Later
December 5th; 2023
Taylor Swift's Point of View
I'm officially done with South America and The Eras Tour for now. I'm also about to enter my second trimester as well. My morning sickness has ended as well as my need to urinate every four seconds. I've had less mood swings now that my body is adapting to the hormones. Losing symptoms means I've been picking up new ones. I've had several headaches that I can't shake and weirdly sensitive gumbs. The bump is 100% official now but can only be seen when I'm wearing a tight shirt.
Travis came to New York to spend time with me and the baby for a couple of days. We try to get to know one another and visit when we can. Both of us are insane workaholics though and our careers make it hard to find time to see one another. We've been trying to reserve Monday every week to talk to one another whether it be in person or on the phone. I don't always hold up my end of the bargain but I try. My schedule is insane but now that I'm pregnant and having a kid soon, I'm trying to slow down a bit and delegate things. It takes a load off of me but then I get anxious that it'll get fucked up.

I hear my phone ringing and look down at it. Beth Garrabrant. She's a photographer and she's been doing my album artwork for years on end. I pick up the phone, unsure of what I'm going into.

"Beth?" I have no idea why she's calling.

"Hey, Taylor! Tried to reach Nadine first but she wasn't picking up. Are we still on for tomorrow?"

"What?"

"Remember? Reputation photoshoot?"

I put my phone on mute and groan loudly for a moment before unmuting it. "Nadine didn't pick up because she forgot to cancel. This is why I don't delegate shit to other people."

"Okay, you'll still have to pay for the session since you didn't cancel three days in advance."

"Beth, I'm a billionaire now. I can afford a missed photoshoot." I'm pretty sure it's the record company who is supposed to pay for it but somewhere along the way I became my own empire and paid for everything.

"When do you want to reschedule?"

"Got anything like 10 months to a year from now?" I ask.

"Uh, yeah! I'm pretty fucking open. I thought we'd reschedule to maybe next week?"

I sigh and realize I have to explain it to her. "Beth, I'm 12 weeks pregnant." There's a silence on the phone and I know she's trying to figure out the words to say.

"With a human child?"

"What else would it be!?"

"I don't know!"

"There's just so many makeup products you can't use on me and I'm starting to show."

"Taylor, I'm a professional photographer. This wouldn't be my first time working with a pregnant woman. We can always tailor outfits and adjust things in Photoshop."

"I don't know, Beth."

"Otherwise you'll have to add on a year to Reputation Taylor's Version's release. Just come down to the location and we'll try out a few shots. Okay?"

"Okay..."

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow." The phone call ends and I sigh.

"Is everything alright?" Travis asks.

"Yeah, well, no. I don't know. It's stupid." I put my phone on the coffee table and collapse on the couch.

"Talk to me about it." He moves in close to me and rubs my thigh.