002||View

Chapter 002

WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT

|NOVA|

AS I ENTER the steak house in the city center, i immediately was bombarded with loud and overwhelming noises, the sheer volume and intensity was to render me deaf. It was a familiar restaurant, one i visited with my friend Amaya during exam periods as a treat to myself so it was a favourite.

I spotted a suitable table situated in the corner of the restaurant, one that gave me an extensive view of the restaurant. Seating myself with my back facing the wall, i was able to see almost everything, which i used as an opportunity to observe just before my mum had started a conversation.

My mom's attention was now directed toward me, "so, nova, we need to find you an apartment at your uni, and make sure you're all settled." she statd, with me being able to discern the hint of grief in her voice. I knew that she was upset by my intention to relocate to manchester, which caused me to offer up my reassurances that i'd frequently visit to see her.

"we'll figure it out. i'm sure it's not hard to find a place to stay," I attempted to disperse her concerns once more, as well as convince myself that everything would go according to plan.

The waiter finally came, bearing the menus for the four of us, which forced me to face my fear of ordering. I was aware of this waiter's existence, having come across him several times previously, yet the situation still filled me with a sense of fear, ending up just ordering beef steak, hoping i didn't seem to nervous.

With all of our orders being taken care of by the waiter, i chose to follow his movements instead of engaging in any form of interaction with my family. As i watched him scurry around the kitchen, which was near out table, i also noticed the swarm of workers swarming about the kitchen area. 

My observations made me a bit restless, and it was not long after i was interrupted by the presence of my brother's hand in front of my face, waving wildly to get my attention.

"helloo, earth to nova" zain's forceful nudge against my shoulders, caused me to snap out of my trance.

"ew, who even says that anymore" i scoffed in response, throwing a disapproving glance at zain as he followed up by practically shoving his hand into my face, leaving me no choice but to turn my gaze back toward him.

A brief moment of shoving and complaining arose between zain and i as we pushed each other away from each other's faces, only to cease when the waiter approached our table with our meals in hand, prompting us to straighten ourselves up.

"enjoy your meal" the waiter had placed multiple dishes and drinks on the table.

"you too" zain replied, instantly pressing his palm against his lips after realising what he had said, i giggled slightly at his response, finding his embarrassing slip-up amusing.

"dickhead" i muttered, followed by a laugh.

AS THE EVENING progressed, we continued to chat and talk about my future. While I tried to keep up with the conversation, I occasionally took quick glances out through the kitchen window, feeling a bit restless and bored.

I continued to gaze out through the window, my interest piqued as i noticed someone standing right in front of the window, boxing up meals in white foam boxes.

As I watched the man, i was able to take in his features in great detail thanks to my perfect view from my seat. His skin had a fair tan tone and he was a tall man, around 6ft. He wore an apron and had dark brown hair. He also had a number of tattoos surrounding his arms and hands, pink lips and a little moustache above them. His eyes were a distinct and beautiful shade of brown.

My eyes met his for a moment, but I quickly looked away and shifted my seat to face another direction, finding it more awkward that i had anticipated. I didn't concentrate one bit on anything else but the same worker who had just walked out to talk to my brother. I started rubbing my temple, embarrassment fuelling my veins.

As the waiter brought the bill up to me, my eyes locked with his, my face immediately starting to feel warm and flushed from his intense gaze. I knew the waiter was likely teasing me, reminding me that he had caught me staring at him. He then walked away after slipping me a seven-digit number that had fallen out of the booklet.  I passed the receipt back to kai after slipping the number in my purse.

"£291? NOVA!" kai exclaimed.

" whattt? its not even me, besides, you make that in two minutes" i defended, stealing a fry from zain's plate.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

 INSTAGRAM

@NOVA.ELLIOT1 UPDATED HER STORY!

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

in love w men who have a goatee instead of a beard, i ain't neva letting goo 😭

(please don't be a silent reader and interact with my chapters, much appreciated. thank yous) ✌🏼