020||Long day

Chapter 020

I'M NOT SMILING MAN

|MARCUS|

THE LOUD BEEPING of my alarm clock jolted me awake at 7:30am. My body felt so heavy that I couldn't get up, probably one of the first times I couldn't force myself out of bed to make it on time for training. I laid under my duvet, staring at the roof. I wasn't tired but felt totally unmotivated to get out of bed.

I found myself consumed with thoughts of her, still dwelling on what had happened the previous night, not fully understanding the events that occurred, and her lingering presence making my heart ache.

My phone began vibrating, catching my attention as notifications popped up. I sat up against the headboard, glancing at my phone which was resting in my palm. I frowned in disappointment as I saw the call was from the wrong person. I had hoped that nova would finally reach out to me, but it was actually chloe who was sending me continuous messages.

I quickly dismissed the call and sighed as more notifications came through. I groaned reading all the messages.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

INSTAGRAM

Chloe.x20

Chloe.x20
good morninggg 💕

Chloe.x20
can i come watch you trainn?

Chloe.x20
wake upppp, marcuss 😢

Chloe.x20
i miss you, can i please come??
seen 7:34

Chloe.x20
please, i wanna see your handsome face againn 🥺

Chloe.x20
marcus answerr

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I silenced my phone, tossing it onto my bed in frustration. I rubbed my face, feeling completely frustrated with the persistent notifications.

In just 30 minutes, I quickly showered, got dressed in a simple black essentials hoodie and loose jeans, and had my duffle bag slung over my shoulder. 

I adjusted my sock before making my way across to Nova's room. After knocking softly at the door to prevent waking her up, I slowly opened the door by pushing down the handle.

I sighed as I saw that she had already gotten up, since her bed was neatly made. I leaned my back against her door waiting for her to come out of the bathroom. I smiled slightly as her room had the scent of her perfume, which was comforting.

I glanced around the room once again, noting that an unexpected amount of time had seemingly passed while she was in the bathroom.

My initial smile faded as I realized that the central part of her room was empty. Her black suitcase was nowhere in sight. 

I quickly stepped into her en suite bathroom swinging the door back violently as it hit the wall. After looking around her room, I tried to find something that would indicate that she was still here and hadn't left for good.

I opened her wardrobe, finding it completely empty and not containing anything of her belongings, only adding to my heartache.

I leaned on her vanity desk, pulling out my phone to dial her number, then placed my hand on the desk for support. I impatiently listened to the ringing as I desperately hoped she would respond. 

I felt a small piece of paper brush against my hand which I quickly retrieved, while the phone call continued to go to voicemail. i began reading it, all the note contained was the phrase "thank you". that's when I realized that she was truly gone.

I STOOD IN the training ground, full kit on, forcingly passing the ball, back and forth with Jadon. I sighed loudly, excusing myself to get a water break though it was only a few minutes past nine, so training hadn't gone on for that long. 

I sat on the bench, gripping my bottle tightly while thoughts filled my brain. All of our interactions started replaying in my mind, once more. From the moment I asked her out on a date to when we would text all night and I would give her flowers every time we met, recalling the time we were star gazing and witnessed a whole proposal complete with fireworks filling the sky.

I was too deep in my own thoughts to even notice anyone approaching my bench. Jadon suddenly spoke up, "are you actually going to drink or just smile at the floor like a maniac the entire time?" he asked with a tone of sarcasm.

I suddenly felt the bench creak once again, this time to my left. I straightened my back and connected hands with mason, who now had his arms extended over my shoulders. I sighed deeply knowing that jadon must have told him about my interaction with nova yesterday. 

Mason slapped my cheek lightly, "so, who's got you smiling like that, hm?" he asked with a mischievous chuckle.

"i'm not smiling man," i scoffed, watching the both of them smirk and exchange glances.

"oh come on, are you sure it's no one, especially not a girl called nova?" mason asked, his voice laced with sarcasm, while jadon broke down with laughter the moment these words were uttered, clearly finding the whole situation amusing.

"Alright man, that's enough," I said flatly, having grown tired of their teasing. Jadon nodded and was still laughing at Mason's exaggerations, but as soon as they realized I was leaving, they got up to follow me.

"nah but imagine if sanch wasn't in the room, they would've fucked a minute after she woke up" he said, laughing mildly while he held jadon, who was now laughing uncontrollably, throwing himself in any direction.

I walked away, finding the situation to be amusing to a certain extent, but still devastated that I had let her go so easily. "no no, i'm sorry, wait," i heard jadon shout from behind me as mason continued to add on to his jokes.

Jadon jogged over to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder in a casual manner. "long day?" he asked, noticing how my mood had seemingly taken quite a dip.

"yeah, just not feeling it today," i shrugged, picking up the ball and moving to the nearest empty spot. jadon followed, shifting to a position where we were face to face and could continue with our long passes.

He looked at me with a hint of uncertainty, but i quickly nodded and put on a tight smile to reassure him.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

yeah, i had to get my girl nova out of that house bc someone needs to teach marcus how to behave 🤗😁

no bc it's the way kylian is joining real madrid... EVERY OTHER TEAM IS FINISHED.

(don't forget to vote and comment on my chapters, much appreciated)✌🏼