007||Busy

Chapter 007

BUSY, HM?

|NOVA|

I GAZE OUT of my car window, taking in the sights of the shops and cafes around me, cars and people passing in and out of the area, the sounds of the traffic and pedestrians making it difficult to think straight.

I had followed the directions given to me by the GPS map, but I had yet to come across an actual house. After much hesitation, I finally decided to park my car in the nearest vacant spot, even though it might have taken me over ten minutes to locate due to the busy atmosphere of the area.

I slumped down into a red booth couch in the corner of the cafe, still feeling disappointed in myself for the situation I had gotten myself into. The time was now 6:13 pm, and I had already ordered my coffee and was waiting for the order to arrive.

I glanced down at my phone every minute trying to refresh the location while the waiter arrived with my hot coffee to energize me, I was so impatient I started imagining stupid things like Marcus would be the waiter or a worker here, but he was nowhere in sight so it was clear that my phone was definitely wrong.

After a few minutes had passed, I had finished my coffee and decided to check the cafe again. Maybe Marcus had misplaced his phone there, or there was a different reason as to why it had directed me to this location.

I took one last glance before i headed towards the exit and coincidentally my eyes landed on the man himself seating on a for two table with a brunette across him which i could only see the back of. 

"busy, hm?" i huffed out to myself, thinking of when he claimed to be busy enough that he couldn't continue a conversation with me.

I stormed out, fuming at his audacity. I was sure that he didn't think much of me as he was too busy engaging with whatever he had going on. He'd gave me his location while out with someone else just to throw me off, or to get me jealous.

I TWISTED THE key into my front door, pushing it open then nudged it closed behind me. i headed towards the stairs, letting out a huff before i finally entered my room wanting nothing more than a full night sleep.

i slammed the door to my bedroom, not bothering to take my coat off, and lay face down on the bed. I groaned in frustration as i covered my face with my hands, wishing i wouldn't care so much.

I curled up into a ball as i laid there, trying to shut my mind off completely. After a few seconds of just lying there, i sat up with a groan, realizing i was overreacting. he was someone i've known for two or so days, i shouldn't be acting like we commited to a full relationship.

I got up, quickly changed and headed back downstairs after deciding to make myself something to eat, even though it was close to midnight already. I turned on the kitchen light, trying to fight off the exhaustion creeping in from earlier, and grabbed a bowl from the top shelf.

I tried to think of it as just a misunderstanding, that he had simply given me his general location, or something else unrelated. But i couldn't help this sick feeling in my gut, my frustration growing as i thought longer about it.

I went back to my room afterward, chewing on my food. waiting to feel sleep come to me, but i couldn't shake the feeling of annoyance at his behavior.

I rolled over to my side after putting my bowl on my bedside table, finally deciding on the idea of texting Marcus for some kind explanation to how this misunderstanding occured. I typed up a long message, at the start very calm but soon flipped into a vent of my frustration but deleted it after a minute.

It was late, and i was likely to just stir things up. I rolled over again, groans escaping from me as i continued to mull over the situation. 

I was slightly calmed knowing i could have a quiet moment to myself, seeing as the house was silent, the rest of them probably asleep. I closed my eyes, letting the sound of silence seep in as i argued with myself to just let it go and finally get a blink of sleep.

I tucked my arm under my pillow while the other rested above it, by my nose and letting my body stretch across the matress, the warmth of the blanket which covered me began impacting on me as i soon fell into deep sleep.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

another short chapter😭 

remember to not be a silent reader, please do interact with my chapters however you can ☺✌🏼