018||Connection

Chapter 018

WHAT WAS A LIE?

|NOVA|

OVER THE PAST few hours, i had been on my phone contacting my relatives and reassuring them that i was doing fine. I took extra care to put in a few good words for marcus, mentioning everything he had done for me to leave a good impression of him to my family.

Despite my attempts to clear my mind, the argument with Marcus and the way he had acted towards me kept returning to the forefront of my thoughts. The events from the previous night were still clouded despite the fact that I was still remembering small fragments of what took place.

 Not having the time to talk to Marcus about it was frustrating and was eating away at me on the inside. I needed to find out what had happened between us and what he had meant by his words towards me.

My mum had always trusted marcus due to the way i had always spoken to her about him, there was no way i could tell her anything bad about him as I didn't want to disappoint her.

I lied on my stomach with my face concealed within my arms. The silence of the house had become deafening, as the sound of the front door being closed had echoed throughout and there was not a single sound heard for an hour. 

It was clear that marcus had left the house, probably with jadon, which had prevented me from even attempting a conversation with him after our argument earlier, leaving me with no choice but to wait for him to call or text, and the wait was infuriating.

I was clearly appreciative of having somewhere to stay, but my frustration with marcus was slowly growing due to the fact that he had not attempted to reach out to me by any means, even a meal would've sufficed. It felt as if he was ignoring me as a punishment for what had happened earlier between us.

So maybe my plan of finding an apartment nearby wasn't so bad, atleast i'd learn how to be independent and fix my mistake of moving in with him.

I threw on my fluffy slippers and tried to find my way into the kitchen, looking through marcus' smart fridge. It only held a few cans of red bull and several plates of leftovers. I opened every cupboard, but still, there was nothing to eat.

I dialed Marcus' number twice, but he only declined my call. I stormed out of the kitchen and into the living room, tapping my foot to relieve the built-up frustration.

I felt a wave of anger engulf my body as i called marcus' number again, only for him to decline it yet again. 

Just seconds later, he entered the house with a light touch of the door using his leg and made a beeline straight to the couch, entirely focused on his phone. I was standing and watching over him, seeing his laughter and giggling, and the way he tapped the screen furiously with his thumbs.

"what" he responded, finally glancing at me. i scoffed, regretting the decision i'd made to have stayed with him, not a single apology thrown my way since the moment he walked through the door.

"what? is that all you can say?" i grumbled angrily. "you left me here, without even acknowledging me and now you're walking in without a greeting or anything?" i watched as he sent a last message and then dropped his phone on his lap. 

"okay, sorry for not telling you that i left MY house and for not saying hi" he replied pulling a tight smile which felt like it was an effort for him to produce.

"look, i'm tired. I've already decided that i'm moving out in two days, you wont have to hear from me afterwards. i've already gotten it sorted out so all i'm asking for are two to three days, is that too much to ask?" i tilted my head in expectation waiting for a response from him.

"hold on, you don't have to move out. If something's bothering you, just tell me what it is, i'll fix it. Maybe the bathroom's too small or the bed isn't comfy or whatever it is, just tell me." he replied, sliding off the couch and getting closer to me with each step.

"i'd be stupid if i complained about this house, it just feels like you haven't shown me any kind of affection, or even a slight sign that you actually care about me, you're acting as if i don't exist and that this whole thing is all a lie." i spoke to him, staring directly at the way his eyes met mine.

"what do you mean? what was a lie?" he asked confused.

"this, all of this, the way we act to each other the way we are, the time we spend together like, do you actually even have any feelings towards me?" I replied in a frustrated manner not understanding why he thought he could play dumb after acting like this.

He remained silent. the eerie silence only adding to my frustration.

"yeah, okay, forget moving out in two days. First thing tomorrow morning, I'll be out of here." I mumbled through a cracked voice as my eyes started to tear up, feeling defeated by the entire situation.

I raced up the 25 step staircase, leaving Marcus standing in the center of his living room, dumbstruck. 

Once I reached my room, I allowed my tears to flow down my cheeks. I sat on the edge of my bed, regretting the time I had wasted, regretting everything. in this moment, the first thing that i wanted to do was call my best friend, amaya and rant to her. yet, i realized that she had no idea i had even known Marcus.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

oh! ✌🏼