021||Scent

Chapter 021

I MESSED UP YESTERDAY

|MARCUS|

AS SOON AS I returned from training, I realized I had to address the mess I had created. I couldn't help but worry about Nova, she had insisted that she had everything under control, but I could see that she had been a little reluctant. I wanted her back and felt as though things could be resolved if I reached out to her and explained myself.

 My phone was still blowing up every hour, i knew it wasn't fair for me to ghost chloe but she's been so irritating and i just didn't have the time or energy to deal with her.

I stood against the stove, looking down on the pot full of pasta, feeling the hot steam brush against my bare chest. I had only learned how to make a few dishes while doing charity work which come in handy especially right now. 

My phone started vibrating once again, i picked it up from the counter, seeing the same name about 80 times in the past two days.

 I declined the call and decided to just cut all contact with her, i was stupid to even add her yesterday, being a tad bit tipsy probably explained the act.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

INSTAGRAM

chloe.x20

chloe.x20
marcussss, answer me hunn x

MISSED 2 CALLS

chloe.x20
omgg, ur such a busy mann 🥺

MISSED 5 CALLS

chloe.x20
can i come round ur house? i miss you

MISSED 1 CALL

chloe.x20
call me when ur free xx

M.RASHFORD

look, i know i led you on n wtv
but im not interested anymore

chloe.x20
omg, i get it you're such a star boy

chloe.x20
all busy with your basketball and everythingg

M.RASHFORD

you're actually violating 🤣

chloe.x20
 but don't you think i'd look cute as a wag?

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

I loudly groaned, frustrated with the repeated messages and calls from chloe, she just wouldn't take a hint.

I finally had enough and threw my phone down on the counter, determined to just ignore the situation for the time being.

I leaned over my pot to find all the water evaporated, resulting in the pasta being burned. i sighed as i placed the pot in the empty sink to deal with later. i was hungry and exhausted and just wanted something to eat that would satisfy me.

I trudged upstairs, placing a usual order of mine on uber eats.

I stepped inside her room and looked around, taking in the emptiness of the space. i sighed and walked to her bed, realizing the scent of her was still on her bedsheets, as the pillow was filled with her fragrance.