023||Fooled

Chapter 023

WHERE'D YOU FIND THAT PICTURE?

|MARCUS|

SEVERAL WEEKS HAD passed since our last interaction, but now i was back in London for international duty. I had delayed myself turning up at her door so i could give her more time to cool down but i had decided that i'd do it once i was back in Manchester. 

Almost everyone in the england team knows about my situation and many tried giving me advice but none of them understand it deeply like Jadon does, though all of them told me if i wanted to get her back i had to do more than talk.

I was on the pitch after the whistle blew 1-1, equalising the match of england vs ukraine. I untied my boots and walked over towards the sign that displayed 'CAN I HAVE YOUR BOOTS, RASHFORD', gripping my boots with my right hand and my slightly stained jersey hanging over my other arm. 

I passed the boots to whoever i could reach and pointed to the teenage boy above them, hearing an excited squeal as i walked to the right, holding my shirt out to a kid who was held by his father, i leaned over the barrier connecting the shirt with his hands then walking out through the tunnel into the changing rooms with a smile on my face.

I swung the door open finding most of them dressed and others were still in their kits, having a chat in the corner. I walked towards them, as they were all huddled together by Jadon's locker. I stood on my tip toes holding onto trent and jude's shoulder trying to peak between their heads to see what is going on.

They all moved back so i could see jadon in the center with his phone, most of them with shocked faces. "yo what's going on?" i said looking at each of them, waiting for an answer. Jadon stood up from the booth, turning his phone towards me.

My jaw tightened as I stared at the picture of Nova with a guy, whose arm was casually wrapped around her shoulders and had a grin on his face. The background was her kitchen, which meant that they took the image in her own home. As stunned as I was, I still couldn't believe my eyes.

I looked around at the group, who all wore the same expression. My question went specifically to Jadon, who had his phone in hand and had found the unusual image. "where'd u find that picture?"

"i'm sorry," was all jadon said as i noticed kyle walker leaning his head on jude's shoulder. The center back mumbled something while laughing faintly. i could barely make out what he was saying.

i was left speechless, with my jaw dropped as bukayo embraced me, he gently slapped the back of my head, prompting a couple of players near us to break character and laugh. several of them attempted to conceal their laughter by covering their mouths with their hands.

bukayo mumbled something along the lines of "i'm sorry," while cracking a subtle smile on his face.

"okay, what's going on?" i inquired and they all started breaking down, laughing as they all shook each other's hands.

jadon proceeded to approach my direction, minimizing the photo display on his phone. i glanced at the date at the bottom left corner, which caused me to hurry to the corner of the room and cover my face.

declan let out a loud squeal as he pulled me away from the corner of the room. the players laughed hysterically, as my face was covered with my hands "you should've seen the look on your face. the whole team surrounded me as they teased me tirelessly, trying to make me reveal my face from my hands.