019||Settled

Chapter 019

I ALREADY PAID

|NOVA|

MARCUS STOOD BEHIND my door, asking me to unlock it. He thought that i'd at least let him explain. explain what? that for some reason he acted passionate about getting into a relationship with me but then he'd ignore me afterward?

 I sat on the edge of my bed, still crying from the incident 30 minutes ago, i was sure he could hear my cries but i refused to let him see me crying. After all why would a rich footballer who's got every girl at his feet care about some girl's feelings, the only explanation is that he doesn't.

My phone rang many times, knowing that it is marcus i didn't bother to check, instead i grabbed my belongings and dashed them into my suitcase, which was barely touched. I hadn't unpacked but just removed a few things i had used in the past day, constantly wiping my eyes every minute so i could see. 

The knocking wouldn't stop. I turned the lock anti-clockwise, and turned my back to him, quickly wiping my eyes. My only option was to ignore him, i couldn't take any more knocking.

I grabbed my towel from the bathroom handle, folding it to place it into my suitcase until I felt a warm hand on my waist. 

I glanced down at the familiar veiny hand, which prevented me from moving any further. I dropped my towel and quickly wiped my eyes which got damp again. I slid down onto the floor to get away from his grasp, leaning my back on my suitcase and my forearm covering the top half of my face while i sobbed.

"please" was all i heard. I felt his warm breath on me, sensing him crouch next to me, grasping my shoulder. "look at me, nova" he muttered, trying to lift my arm away from my face. 

I nudged his chest, pushing him away, well at least attempting to as i'm way weaker than him which was almost useless. I got up to my feet, exited the room, and once again rushed down the three flights of stairs.

 I couldn't run away from him, as much as i tried to i found myself cornered between the couch and the 5'11 footballer, in the same position we were an hour ago.

My gaze was stuck on the floor, trying my hardest for him not to look at my face. I know he's seen me cry but i wasn't going to look at his face. "please nova" he repeated. "just hear me out. please" 

"look, i promise to leave you alone if you just talk to me or at least look up at me" he took a few steps toward me. I felt another tear rush down my face as he got closer. "nova." he said wiping  my wet chin, slowly lifting my jaw up. I resisted and moved my face side ways.

His phone started vibrating and soon was ringing. I eyed his pocket, watching as he lifted his phone and pressed down on the on/off button which made it go silent. The room was filled with silence once again.

"listen, i know im wrong-" he started. 

"look, just get out of my way. i don't care" i spat out, wiping my sore eyes, then pressing my palm against his stomach to move him out the way but he doesn't budge one bit. He reached to the tissue on the coffee table, his feet still in place while keeping a firm palm on my waist so i couldn't walk away and softly patted wherever he could reach on my face as my head was still down. 

He lifted my chin up, forcing me to look up. I started observing his living room, anywhere to not look at him, still avoiding his face, though i could see him off the corner of my eyes. From what i could see, his eyes looked different, his eyelids slightly drooping and had a tired look but what made my eyes locate his, is when i noticed a shade of red. had he been crying?

His facial expression changed to a hint of surprise and sorrow. I observed his eyes noticing he began to tear up. "nova, please don't leave. I didn't mean anything i did or said, i promise." he said, emphasising the 'promise'. 

im not doing this again. 

"please nova, you know how much you mean to me right?" he sniffled, tilting his head slightly. "right?" he repeated.

 "i already paid and its settled" i blurt out, before he started talking again. "just let me go, im tired." i huffed, moving past him and walking up the stairs but this time, i couldn't hear footsteps behind me.

I made it to my bedroom, locking the door behind me. i placed my suitcase against the wall and sat on the comfort of my bed, listening through the silence of his home. my ears had gotten used to the fact that he'd given up, he wasn't chasing after me anymore.

I decided to take a needed long nap, feeling exhausted from the events that had just taken place, i placed myself under the covers, feeling nothing but comfort while the cold wind ran through the open windows, the warm sheets contrasting with the cold breeze that rushed from the window.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

so yeah, hope this isn't too soppy but... i have no excuse... 😭

(continue interacting with my chapters and remember to follow my account, thank uu) 😊✌🏼