026||Surprise

Chapter 026

SHE LOVED IT

|MARCUS|

I PLACED THE last bouquet in the empty vase in her apartment kitchen, taking extra care to ensure that every petal was in its place.

I took a step back to admire jude and i's efforts, smiling at the vibrant colors of the flowers that now filled the room.

 I watched as jude tried filling up the living room floor with the flowers that were still in their wrappers as he was stood on his tiptoes avoiding crushing any bouquets on the floor.

As i turned to leave the apartment, i noticed Jude's beaming face, clearly happy to see the look of joy on my face.

"did i do good, bro?" jude asked with a laugh.

I pressed down on the mini note i had placed in front of her apartment door then slowly shut the door and turned to face jude. I engulfed him in a huge hug, muttering a few thank yous. 

"thank you man, i appreciate you" i connected my hand with his before notifying bukayo that we are finished.

I adjusted my outfit which consisted of a simple white polo shirt, grey trousers and white airforces, then the both of us sat in my white BMW, which was parked a small distance from her apartment so we could see when she would arrive.  

Bukayo dialed my number as i anxiously waited in my car for Nova to return home. It felt like ages as i paced back and forth in my seat and my nerves grew with each passing minute.

Finally, I recognised Bukayo's car pulling into the front lawn, my heart raced as i picked up the call, muting myself as i anticipated her reaction to the surprise.

As Nova walked towards her apartment, i admired her outfit and looks. She was dressed beautifully and looked radiant in the sunlight.

As she neared the doorway, she spotted the bouquet of flowers on her doorstep and paused for a moment to admire them.

 My heart fluttered with a mixture of nervousness, and excitement as i waited for Nova's reaction to my surprise.

For a moment, it looked like she was stunned and speechless, which made me worry that maybe she didn't like it.

I bit my lip, hearing a squeal come from my phone as she bent down to read the note. "i hope you like these, nova." she read out loud but stopped halfway, reading the rest in her head. i chuckled realizing i might have included a lot of emotion in that note.

I took my eyes off her for a second, smiling widely at jude as he patted my knee and pulled me into a side hug.

I heard her keys ruffle and her door handle being pushed down, making my attention return to her.

She held the pastel-coloured tulips in awe as she nudged the door open, making the three of them enter, nova then tolami and lastly bukayo. My smile grew even more when i heard multiple screams of shock.

I chuckled slightly knowing tolami would've been also stunned as she was also squealing. "omg, who did this?" nova's voice came out muffled. Jude and i began wheezing when bukayo began acting clueless.

 My eyes were situated on her front door step, fully content with her reaction. Bukayo stepped out slowly, analysing the row of cars until his eyes landed on mine and pulled a thumb up towards me.

I tugged onto my seatbelt, buckling it then drove out to my next destination. I let out a deep sigh of relief, my lips still extending to a smile as i hung up the call.

"SHE LOVED IT MARCUS" he shrieked. I stayed silent for a few moments as i was still speechless, i never knew i could do that.

WE ARRIVED AT our last destination of the day, perfect timing to catch the sunset. Jude and I walked along the beach, admiring the setting sun.

The waves washed gently onto the shore, the water glistening in the golden sunlight. The sky  awash with shades of pink and orange. We walked in silence for a long while, enjoying the tranquility of the moment. 

We were taking in the view as the sun slowly set. I was deep in thought, wondering what was next for nova and i. 

Suddenly, i stopped in my tracks. I was met with a decoration set up on the beach by Jadon and Mason. my eyes lit up as i noticed their efforts. I smiled wide and turned to Jude, who was standing next to me.

"no way, they really went above and beyond like they said" my jaw dropped, and i moved closer to the pair who had noticed us.

 My eyes were fixed on what Jadon and Mase had set up, an elaborate picnic on the sand, with a tapestry mat, candles, and flowers lining the space.

A variety of foods were laid out, ranging from salads to steaks to cookies and cakes. Rose petals were sprinkled throughout.

 I had spotted a gift bag with Nova's name on it which made me smile from ear to ear. Jadon and Mason were nearby, smiling as they watched my facial expressions.

"this is something else" jude muttered out, gazing at the scene in front of him.

"you guys are amazing, my god" i wailed, pulling both of them into a hug. 

"i'm just happy to see you smile man, u see what this girl is making u do?" he jokingly said.

"anything for you" mason added, rubbing my back. 

Jadon's phone rang suddenly and he excused himself, patting me on the shoulder and muttering a 'goodluck' before leaving with Jude and Mason.

I was left confused, wondering why they had all suddenly left.

 I was still trying to process everything when i felt nova's presence and turned to see her standing behind me, her eyes sparkling as she studied the decorations around us.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE: 

(remember to interact with my chapters and follow my account, thank you!) 💞