029||Past

Chapter 029

YOU'VE ALREADY MET?

|NOVA|

TODAY, AT 5PM i would finally see my family again, marcus held his birthday party at some club in town and afterwards, some of his closest friends and family would return to his house. I had asked if i could invite a friend, amaya which he obviously hadn't heard of, neither did she. All she knew was his first name, so i'd have to introduce them sooner than expected.

With only an hour left till his guests arrive, i was stood behind the bar, conversing with the worker in the VIP section, trying to make use of my free time. She was a middle-aged lady, and had some sort of relation to marcus hence why she was asked to be a bartender.

 I leaned on the counter analysing the well-decorated room, staff workers began swarming around, trying to set up the speakers and soon the person i had gotten closest to while i was in manchester walked in with marcus.

Jadon was a third brother to me, though the first time we met was an awkward situation, i felt like i could tell him anything no matter what. He obviously was always in a sarcastic mood and a crackhead but he'd somehow understand all my situations, we had a sense of trust that went beyond words and so that was how i understood why marcus and him were best friends.

I walked towards the pair who looked like in deep conversation. I almost stumbled on a wire as the lights suddenly shut making the whole room go dark. I stood still for a few seconds until vibrant colours began flashing, making me locate them again.

 Jadon immediately pulled me into a hug as we hadn't seen each other in the past four days, making that the longest period of time without us meeting.

I pulled away, adjusting my goldish dress from my waist then faced marcus. I stepped closer to him, smiling warmly at him then engulfing him in a hug, muttering a happy birthday. His arm snaked to around my waist, pulling my body closer to his, neither of us pulled away, he smelled too good for me to do so.

I reluctantly pulled away, sensing jadon's eyes on us. I lifted my chin upwards to notice jadon's wide grin, knowing if i didn't leave that minute he'd start teasing so i pressed my fingertips against his chest, nudging him twice before excusing myself to stand near the entrance. I heard many muffled conversations and laughter as many familiar faces began walking towards the doorway.

Firstly, jude walked in greeting me with a quick side hug, volunteering to stand with me to introduce me to the rest. I felt blood rush throughout my body as many england team players walked in pairs. They all seemed to already know me as they immediately pulled me into a hug. 

Finally, bukayo and tolami both followed behind them, hand in hand. We had a small catch up conversation, earning many compliments from tolami on my outfit and makeup. As they carried on to greet the others, i was still stood with jude waiting for my family.

I pulled a tight smile towards jude, letting him know he could go as his friends might be waiting on him. I stood directly in the doorway, slightly blocked by the security guards but i still felt the cold breeze brush through my hair. Both my brothers couldn't make it as they were busy with some sort of work so i was still awaiting amaya and my mother's arrival.

My phone began vibrating in my mini black YSL purse. My smile grew, as a black range rover parked across the street. I analysed the license plate, making me rush out to meet them. I wrapped my arms around my mother as she moved us side to side.

 "i missed you filha" she exclaimed pecking my cheek. 

"missed you too mum" i smiled as our interaction was intercepted my amaya, grabbing me into a violent hug, making me almost lose my balance.

"you look so gooddd" she said, watching me spin to show her my dress. 

"thank youu, i need to borrow that fit after tho" i laughed as she shook her head, knowing if i took it i wouldn't return it.

I held onto my mother's arm, guiding her to a circle where marcus's mother was in, trying to get her to socialize and have a good time. She instantly fit in with them making me navigate to the rest of the wags which tolami had offered to introduce me to them.

Amaya and i occasionally shared a few words after we were all taking shots against the bar. I sighed knowing i promised myself i wouldn't drink much but eventually, i'd get tempted to drink. I stood, slightly slanted onto the bar as i began a conversation with phil's girlfriend .

The conversation soon ended as jadon pulled me aside, wondering where the birthday boy went. I walked alongside him, grasping onto his wrist as we both squeezed through the crowd. Jadon located him from a far, making our way towards him, jadon put him in a headlock from behind and making marcus lift his shoulders in surprise. I scrunched my eyebrows with a slight smile.

"so i see, you've already met?" i said looking at amaya and then at marcus.

I earned no response from either of them, they stood there with both of their eyes widened and marcus's mouth trembling, as he tried finding the right words to say. Meanwhile, amaya looked just as nervous as him. She looked surprised to see him at the nightclub though they are complete strangers.

I was blissfully unaware of the nervous conversation happening right in front of me. I glanced at jadon then took a deep breath. "okay anyways, so amaya this is marcus, the birthday boy and marcus, this is amaya, my bestfriend." they both held the same facial expression and nodded in sync. I stood there awkwardly, though the room was awfully loud, it felt so quiet as none of them spoke.

"nova, can i speak to you in private?" amaya nervously smiled as her lip evidently trembled. I nodded but marcus's hand extended in front of amaya, not letting her move. He began mouthing things to her but amaya pushed against him and led me away into a quiet corner.

"marcus. he-" she sighed deeply. "we had a past, um" she rubbed her temple not knowing how to say it.

"he's my ex." she blurted out.

My palm found its way to my lips, as my jaw dropped. my mind started to race as i tried to make sense of the situation, i now realised why i was never told his last name.

Amaya hung her head low, feeling ashamed. "nova, i wanted to tell you but he insisted that i wouldn't tell anyone his last name."

i felt angry for her. "how could marcus do something like that to you? you didn't deserve it."

amaya nodded slowly, "i know, but it happened and there's nothing i can do to change it."

The thought of him cheating on my best friend, wouldn't had ever crossed my mind. A year ago, all that i was told was her boyfriend, 'marcus' had an affair with someone else, and the pain she went through was still engraved in my mind, but no way had i thought it would be the same marcus who i'd forgiven multiple times and built a close relationship.

I shifted slightly so i wouldn't be cornered as soon as i saw marcus, rush towards us with a drained look. I couldn't understand how he always had a way of distancing me away from him, every time.

𝐀UTHORS NOTE:

RAMADAN MUBARAK MY PEOPLES💓

(remember to interact with my chapters and go follow my account, thank yous)✌🏼