I Do

"Don't lie on the couch like that. I can see your underwear." Seijuro stated looking at Aiko from the corner of his eye.

"Then don't look. Can't you see I'm trying to think?" she said hiding her face with her hands.

"What should I do? It's been two days..." she thought. "Let's put everything on paper. I'm good with papers so that should work."

"I'm going to my room!" she exclaimed running upstairs.

Seijuro chuckled shaking his head slightly.

~Three days later~

"Aiko-chan, do you want to come and eat with me at the rooftop?" Misaki asked her.

"Sure!" Aiko answered. "I really need some fresh air."

Once they reached the rooftop they saw Kotaro and Seijuro talking about basketball practice.

"Hi, Aiko. Misaki." Seijuro said nodding.

"H-Hi!" Misaki almost screamed hiding behind Aiko.

"Hey." Aiko said looking away blushing.

Seijuro looked at his sister and at Kotaro, then at his sister again and eventually looked at Misaki.

"Misaki, may you come with me for a second?" he asked getting up.

"S-Sure!" she said following him.

As soon as the two of them got inside the school Kotaro spoke.

"Hi, Aiko-chan." he said without his usual cheerful smile.

"Hi, Hayama-senpai."

After that there was a long silence between them until Aiko decided to sit beside him.

"Listen I-" they said in unison. "No yo- ok I-"

"What's that?" he asked pointing at a piece of paper that was slipping out of her skirt.

"Uh?" she hummed looking down. "Oh, no, do-"

She couldn't finish her statement because Kotaro had already unfolded the piece of paper.

'WHAT I LIKE ABOUT HAYAMA-SENPAI
his eyes
his smile
his laugh
his hair
he's funny
his hyperactive self
the way he plays basketball
his smile

WHAT I HATE ABOUT HAYAMA-SENPAI
he whines a lot
he's quite childish sometimes

WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HAYAMA-SENPAI
everything'

The last word she wrote has been written and erased a few times so the paper was a little consumed.

"You wrote 'his smile' twice." he said pointing at the words. "Do you like it that much?"

"Yes." she said blushing. "So please, keep smiling like you always do, ok?" she smiled brightly.

Kotaro's eyes widened but eventually he smiled back.

"Why were you keeping this in your pocket?" he asked.

"I wrote it three days ago. I was trying to understand my feelings." she explained. "I was keeping it because I've been reading it everyday."

"So... will you be my girlfriend?" he asked looking straight into her eyes.

"Yes, Hayama-senpai!" she said blushing.

"There's no need to call me -'senpai' anymore." he said looking at the piece of paper. "You can call me Kotaro."

"Ok, Kotaro-kun!"