Are You Dumping Me?

~A week later, in the library~

"Aiko-chan." Kotaro called resting his head on his math book. "Why are you always studying?"

"Because I need to study if I want to keep my grades up." she said writing something on her notebook. "We have an important exam next week and I need to pass it."

"Good luck, Aiko-chan!" he smiled using his arms as a pillow in order to look at her.

~After a few minutes~

"He's staring at me..." she thought. "Stay calm."

"Kotaro-kun." she said looking at him who was smiling brightly. "I really need to pass this exam. May you stay away from me until Monday afternoon?"

"Am I a distraction to you?" he asked sitting up.

"Uh? No." she stated. "It's a problem of mine."

"Ok, Aiko-chan!" he smiled tilting his head to the side. "You won't see me until your exam is over!" he said and walked out of the library.

"Thank you, Kotaro-kun!" she smiled and turned her gaze to her books. "Let's work now."

"How can I be out of her sight if she's our manager?" Kotaro thought walking to the rooftop. "Geez, I should talk with Sei-chan."

~Two days later~

"Sei-chan." Mibuchi called. "Why isn't Aiko-chan here?"

"She asked me a pause because she has an important exam Monday." he said. "But don't worry, you're going to work a lot even if she's not here."

"I'm glad she asked him before me because I'm sure he wouldn't have accepted it if I'd asked him to skip practice for a week." Kotaro sweatdropped.

"Let's start now." Seijuro said clapping his hands.

"Yes!" the whole team said.

~Monday, lunch time~

"How was your exam, Aiko-chan?" Misaki asked and then ate part of her rice.

"Fine, I guess." Aiko stated looking at her bento.

"Good to know." Kotaro thought smiling as he was eating his lunch on the upper rooftop all by himself.

"What about yours?"

"The usual." Misaki chuckled. "I haven't seen Hayama-senpai lately. Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, I just asked him to stay away from me for a while because I had an important exam today. That's all." she said and then ate her food.

"What?!" Misaki chocked on her juice. "You can't ask something like this to your boyfriend!"

"Uh? Why not?" Aiko asked confuse tilting her head to the side, munching on her chopsticks.

"It's like telling him he's a distraction to you!"

"Am I a distraction to you?" Kotaro's words echoed in Aiko's head.

"He- He asked me if he was a distraction, I told him he's not and that it's my fault."

"It sounds like you were dumping him!" Misaki said grabbing Aiko's shoulders to shake her.

"Why would I dump him? He hasn't done anything wrong."

"What if he thought that?" Misaki asked worried. "And why are you so quiet about this?"

"And why are you getting all worked up about this?" Aiko asked matching her friend's tone. "I'm not dumping him. Not now, not ever!"

"Uh? I should eat up here more often..." Kotaro thought blushing.

"So moe!" Misaki exclaimed hugging her friend as some moe flowers flew out of her body.

"I can't breath... Misaki-chan..."

"Just a little bit! That was soooo moe!" she said hugging her tighter.

"Misaki-chan... please!" Aiko whined trying to breathe.

"Ok, sorry!" Misaki apologized breaking the hug.

"That was close!" Aiko said catching her breath. "I'm sure I was about to greet death."

"Oh, right! After classes we should be able to see our results!" Misaki exclaimed ignoring her statement.

"Yeah." Aiko smiled and then the bell rang. "We should hurry up. Chiyako-sensei is going to get mad at us!"

~After classes, on the rooftop~

"I've got 100 in the exam!" Aiko stretched walking towards the railing.

"Uh? Aiko-chan?" Kotaro thought sitting up.

Kotaro was sitting on the upper rooftop, looking at Aiko who was leaning on the railing.

"Yo, Aiko-chan!" he called jumping from his spot.

Aiko turned towards him and smiled brightly.

"Hi, Kotaro-kun. How are you?"

"I'm fine now that I can talk to you again!" he said approaching her.

Aiko felt her blood rushing to her cheeks so she buried her face in her hands.

"You know, I felt like I was about to cry when you asked me to stay away from you, but I knew it was because you really wanted to pass this exam." he said moving her hands out of the way.

"I'm sorry." she said looking away. "Misaki-chan told me I shouldn't have said that."

"Yeah, I know." he thought chuckling.

"Why are you chuckling?" Aiko pouted looking at him. "Are you making fun of me?"

"No! Not now, not ever!" he smiled trying to match the tone she used with Misaki during lunch break.

"Go- Wait, what?!" she said as her eyes widened. "Why- When- How- You heard that?!"

"Mmh... maybe."

"I-I'm leaving!" she exclaimed walking away.

"May I be by your side now?" he asked looking at her from the corner of his eye and she stopped.

"Sure you can." she said looking down and Kotaro turned towards her smiling. "Are you my boyfriend or not?"

"I like so much, Aiko-chan~!" he said hugging her from behind.

"I like you too!" she said blushing even more. "Now let's go before the school closes."

"Yeah, yeah, Aiko-sensei!" he said letting her go.

"What's with the -'sensei'?" she asked opening the roof door.

"You were talking like a sensei." he said closing the door as soon as they passed across it.

"Don't do it anymore! It makes me feel old!" she pouted.

"Ok, ok!" he smiled ruffling her hair. "Let's go."

Hello everyone!
Someone sent me a pm saying I should enter this story in the 'KnB Watty Awards'. Do you think I should do it? I don't even know what it is or how it works so... [so what?!]
Thank you so much for all the support you're giving me, I really appreciate it! :)
See you next chapter,
Bakashi_Naruse