XXI | Love, Lies, and Loyalty

My calls and messages were left unanswered. It's been like this for the past two weeks; she even went to the other launch by herself.

It did so well that nobody stopped talking about it. I sent her flowers to congratulate her, but then found out from Diana that she almost started a fist fight with the deliverer once he said my name.

Diana didn't tell me what happened after, but she did proceed to say I was officially blacklisted. And even Kye didn't talk to me properly unless it was work-related. For sure, Diana told him everything, and he's putting his foot down like her.

Genuinely, I'm glad that Dali has people with her who'll hold me accountable. Hold me accountable for fuck-ups that I shouldn't have done and never repeat them again.

There's nothing that could excuse how I was being cold to her when I could've dealt with her leniently. After what happened that night, I started questioning my priorities. Me hiding things that she should've known way before, way before we even got married, pushed her to the edge.

Me trying to prevent her from leaving the estate added more fuel to the fire, but I feared that if I didn't, she'd run away to the other end of the world, or even worse, hurt herself. Thankfully, she's safe and sound with the Colombos.

Another sigh left my lips as I continued to stare at the ceiling of my office.

It feels like there's no way to fix this mess because I know all she wants is the truth, and what she discovered is just the tip of the iceberg.

Whether she forgives me or not, this conversation will eventually resurface. And there's no method in mind that I could keep my mouth shut without letting her down again.

She won't forgive me if I tell her why I keep quiet.

The documents she has won't be of any use, but I got defensive and treated her like that; I shouldn't have. I'm remorseful, but I still did what I did, and I can't turn back time.

The office doors were aggressively opened, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I've been knocking for the past two minutes, and I'm done, Abel. I'm done. You're getting your wife back. You'll go there and cry your eyes out, begging until she forgives you, because everyone can sense your negative energy from miles away.

The poor employees don't even feel like going to this floor in case they run into you!" Giovanni ended his protest with a sharp intake of breath before walking towards me and pulling me out of my chair. "You're like a raging bull." He muttered frustratedly.

Usually, if he did that, I'd glare at him and question where he got the audacity to come and invade my personal space, but I didn't. I couldn't. Because if he has an idea of how I could end my misery, then I'll follow along.

"But—" before I could sow any negativity further, Giovanni shushed me, dragged me out of the building to the parking lot, and gave me my car keys. I didn't even realize he had taken them.

"Go and fix things instead of drowning yourself in work and dragging us to bars every night. My liver can't handle your stupidity anymore. Dali knows how to handle it, though, but if you return with divorce papers, I don't blame her."

I sighed as I remembered a clause that she didn't know about. In fact, it's not just a clause; it's a whole pact that she doesn't know about.

Dali can't even file for divorce, even if she wanted to, and neither can I. The only way to separate us is if one of us dies, or, well, both of us.

Her father, Alessandro, told me the conditions she had if she were to marry me. And one of them is that she can divorce me if she ever wants to and that both families won't get involved in the separation.