Bonus Chapter: What Happened in Vegas

"Down it!" I yelled in support and handed her the chaser immediately after she took the first shot like a champ. My mom's face scrunched up and practically finished half of the chaser while she's trying to ease the aftertaste.

Once she calmed down, she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Dali, this isn't right at all!"

We all laughed at her reaction, but we still clapped for her for taking the shot. "I'm proud of you, Mamma; you did great."

"Dali, don't let her fool you; back in the day, she used to drink vodka like it was water." Martina revealed, leading to her best friend slapping her in the arm for revealing that piece of information.

She shook her head in disapproval but shamelessly went back for seconds, with Juliet and Martina following after.

"Dali, look!" Diana nudged me and pointed somewhere. I turned, and literally my mouth fell on the floor when I saw Esmeralda up on stage with the DJ. She was saying something in his ear, and not even a minute passed before Esmeralda took over and the DJ left, handing her the spotlight.

Esmeralda suddenly cut off the song that was playing, making everyone confusedly turn in her direction, only for them to get more confused because there was a gray-haired lady in a neon yellow suit in the spot where the DJ should be. Some even grabbed their phones and started filming, awaiting something to happen while she handled the job of a DJ like it's an everyday occurrence.

Before the crowd could get angry at the long cutoff, she put on the oldest song you could possibly think of, so old that if you blew on it, dust would fly around.

"All offense; if you don't dance, you'd be a waste of sperm and eggs." She yelled on the mic, managing to make the crowd laugh and hyped up enough to return to dancing.

To join her parade, me and Diana went to the dance floor and started dancing with passion to the old choreography of the song.

Song after song passed, and by now we were barely steady on our feet with the heels we had on but still continued dancing like this night could only get younger.

Diana came closer to my ear, yelling, "I'll go get us some drinks; stay here." I nodded and went back to dancing.

I was enjoying my company until someone came into my personal bubble with their hands lurking too low for me to think it was unintentional. "Hey! Back the fuck off." I yanked his arms off when they attempted to wrap around me and turned to properly face the audacious bitch.

"Ever heard of consent?" I glared at the stranger, who was raising his hands in surrender already.

"My bad, I just saw a pretty girl and had to do what I had to do." He tried to downplay it and even tested his luck by placing his hand on my hip, making me not think twice before I backhanded him hard enough for him to tumble down before he caught himself. "Try that shit again, and you'll be seeing God next." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away a bit to create space so I could walk off.

I went back to the bar with a ruined mood and sat down on the stool beside Diana, who clearly forgot she was supposed to return to me with drinks. "I'll be taking that." I said, grabbing her Negroni from her hand and taking a sip without giving her time to protest, earning me a glare before she ordered another drink.

After a bit, when the heat of the packed place caught up to me, I decided it'd be better for me to touch up my dewing makeup in the restroom instead of sitting around here with my mood dimming slowly and the crowd getting rather obnoxious with every passing second. Making sure Diana was informed of my whereabouts, I tapped her shoulder to draw her attention and pointed in the direction of the restroom, saying, "I'll be back soon." She nodded and went back to listening to what Juliet had to say.