02. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨

The park was alive with the colors of spring, blossoms painting the landscape in delicate shades of pink and white. 

Lost in her thoughts, Bora almost missed the figure sitting on a bench ahead. But when she looked closer, recognition bloomed in her eyes. It was Jungwon, the same boy she had met some days ago, the same boy who had filled her thoughts ever since.

She hesitated for a moment, then gathered her courage and approached him. As she neared, Jungwon looked up, and their eyes met – a recognition that was more than a mere coincidence.

"Hey," Bora said, a smile lighting up her face.

Jungwon's lips curved into a warm smile. "Hey. I remember you."

Bora took a seat beside him on the bench. 

They fell into a comfortable silence, Bora's heart raced, the familiarity of being near Jungwon igniting a sense of connection.

"I was just taking a walk," Jungwon finally said, breaking the silence. "Clearing my mind."

Bora looked at him, her curiosity piqued. "Mind if I join you?"

He smiled, a hint of gratitude in his eyes. "Not at all."

They began to walk together, the path taking them through the heart of the park. The air was filled with the fragrance of flowers.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Bora walked through the school corridors, surrounded by other students rushing to their classes. She smiled and greeted her friends, but her mind was stuck on Jungwon, the boy who puzzled her heart. 

During lunch break in the courtyard, Bora's friends, Minji and Hana, joined her. They talked about different things, like school and plans for the weekend. But Bora's thoughts kept going back to Jungwon.

Hana nudged Bora gently, breaking her reverie. "You seem lost in thought today. Everything okay?"

Bora sighed, her gaze drifting to the distance. "I don't know. Jungwon is acting so different. Cold, distant... It's like he's avoiding me. Even though we've spend a lot of time together in the past."

Minji nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I've noticed it too. You used to hangout with him like everyday."

"It's like he doesn't want anything to do with me."

Hana tilted her head, her eyes thoughtful. "Maybe he's just shy or uncomfortable, some people are like that."

Bora sighed again, her brows furrowed. "I guess. But it's more than that. It's like he's deliberately avoiding me."

Hana's expression turned sympathetic. "Have you tried talking to him about it?"

Bora shook her head. "No, not yet. I just... I don't know how to bring it up."

Minji gave her a reassuring smile. "Maybe there's a reason he's like this. We won't know until we find out."

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

As the day continued, Bora's thoughts remained tangled. She wished she could understand the reason behind Jungwon's behavior, but it felt like a riddle she couldn't solve.

Later, as the final bell rang, Hana approached Bora with a bright smile. "Hey, do you want to come over to my house today? Minji's coming too."

Bora hesitated for a moment, then nodded. Spending time with her friends might take her mind off her confusion about Jungwon.

At Hana's house, the three of them settled down to study. The atmosphere was relaxed, the scent of books mingling with Hana's mother's cooking. Bora felt a sense of comfort, as if the worries of school were far away.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and Hana's face lit up. "That must be my cousin! And she said her brother and his friend are coming to study with us."

Bora exchanged a puzzled look with Minji.

Her heart raced a little as the door opened, revealing Hana's cousin and a boy Bora hadn't expected to see.

"Hey everyone," Hana's cousin greeted, her eyes falling on Bora and Minji. 

"This is my brother Jisung and his friend, Jungwon."

Bora's heart skipped a beat. She couldn't believe her eyes – the boy who had been occupying her thoughts so much was right in front of her, in Hana's living room.

"Hi," Jungwon bowed, his voice warm and friendly.

As they settled down to study, Bora found herself stealing glances at Jungwon whenever she thought he wouldn't notice. He seemed so different from the Jungwon she knew at school – open, engaged, and approachable.

Soon enough, Hana's mother arrived with a stack of pizzas, and the atmosphere turned even more relaxed. As they enjoyed the food, conversation flowed easily. Bora found herself talking to Jungwon, discussing math exercises.

As the night approached, the group decided it was time to pack up and head home. Bora's heart sank a little at the thought of the evening coming to an end. 

"Bye Hana, see ya!" Bora waved at Hana.

Bora walked behind Jungwon as they left Hana's house, the two of them now the only ones on the path.

Jungwon suddenly put on his earbuds.

She couldn't help but steal glances, though, her heart skipping a beat each time their eyes met.

When they reached the point where their paths diverged, Bora felt a mixture of disappointment and hope. Maybe she could get some answers, even if it was just one question.

"Jungwon," she called softly.

He turned to look at her, his earbuds hanging around his neck.

"Why are you being so cold to me?" Bora blurted out, the question that had been nagging her escaping her lips. 

Jungwon looked at her his eyes meeting hers. "I'm not being cold I've always been like this. If you don't have anything to say then I'm going, goodnight."

Bora gave him a small nod, "Goodnight Jungwon."

Jungwon turned and continued on his way, his earbuds back in place.

Bora watched him for a moment.

And as she walked the rest of the way home, she knew that there was something wrong.

Jungwon, talk to me! Please?

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Hi! You're at the end of chapter 2, I really hope you liked it. Remember to eat your meals and stay happy!

Lots of love,

Emy