03. 𝙈𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

The sun cast a warm glow over the park as Bora and Jungwon walked side by side. Their laughter filled the air, carrying with it the carefree essence of youth. It was a day like any other, yet for them, it was a memory that would stay etched in their hearts.

"Jungwon, look!" Bora pointed at a group of ducks swimming in the pond. "They're so cute."

Jungwon smiled, his eyes reflecting the sunlight. "Yeah, they are. You know, they always remind me of how simple life can be."

Bora tilted her head, intrigued. "Simple? How?"

He shrugged, a thoughtful expression on his face. "They just live their lives, swimming in the water, not worrying about anything else. Sometimes I wish I could do that."

Bora laughed, a musical sound that warmed Jungwon's heart. "You'd be a duck?"

He chuckled. "Maybe just for a day."

They found a cozy spot under a tree and sat down. Bora pulled out a sketchbook, her fingers deftly moving across the pages to bring her thoughts to life. Jungwon watched her, his curiosity piqued.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Jungwon's footsteps were heavy as he walked through the door of his house, bracing himself for the tumult that awaited him. It seemed that lately, every time he entered the house, it was like stepping into a whirlwind of drama and tension. He yearned for a reprieve, a moment of calm amidst the storm.

He sat in his room, his mind a whirlwind of emotions as he listened to the arguments that echoed through the halls. It was as if the tension in his family had reached a breaking point, and there was no escape from the storm.

As the familiar voices began to rise, Jungwon felt his chest tighten. The arguments, the raised voices – they were like a relentless chorus that played on repeat. He retreated to his room, closing the door behind him, hoping to find solace in the quiet confines of his own space.

His hands clenched into fists, Jungwon felt a surge of frustration. He had always been the silent observer, the one who tried to keep the peace. But lately, even his silence seemed to carry weight, a weight that pressed down on him with every passing day.

Unable to bear the chaos any longer, Jungwon pushed himself up from his seat. He needed to escape, to find solace away from the noise that threatened to consume him. He didn't know where he was headed; he only knew that he needed to be anywhere but here.

As he walked through the front door, the voices grew distant, gradually fading into the background. The cool breeze brushed against his face, and he breathed in deeply, as if trying to cleanse his lungs of the toxic air that had surrounded him.

His steps took him to the park – a place that had once provided a brief respite from his thoughts. The memory of that day with Bora flashed before his eyes – the girl who had seemed to embody a sense of tranquility amidst the chaos.

And then, he saw her – Bora – standing by the edge of the pond, her attention captured by the ducks that glided across the water. She had her earbuds in, the soft strains of music reaching his ears. He watched as she sang along, her voice a delicate melody that seemed to harmonize with the world around her.

Jungwon hesitated, caught between the desire to approach her and the fear of intruding upon her solitude. He watched her for a while, an inexplicable yearning building within him. It was as if her presence alone had the power to chase away the turmoil that had settled in his heart.

But then, reality called him back. The memory of his family's arguments, the weight of his responsibilities – they crashed over him like a tidal wave. With a heavy sigh, he turned away from the scene, his steps leading him back towards the path that would take him home.

As he walked, he tried to shake off the sense of longing that had gripped him. Bora was a stranger, a passing presence in his life. He couldn't afford to get entangled in something that seemed to promise an escape from his troubles.

When he finally stepped through the door of his home, the voices had quietened, leaving behind an eerie stillness. It was as if the storm had passed, leaving behind a hollow emptiness. Jungwon knew that this moment of calm was only temporary, that the storm would inevitably return.

With a resigned sigh, Jungwon went to his room. He tried to bury the memory of Bora – the girl who had offered a fleeting moment of serenity – beneath the weight of his responsibilities. But even as he closed his eyes, her image lingered, a reminder that amidst the chaos, there were whispers of escape, whispers that he wasn't quite ready to let go of.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Hello you're at the end of chapter 3, this was a shorter chapter cuz I had to finish other stuff :')

Anyway, let me know if you liked it or of you didn't!

See ya in the next chapter

lots of love,

Emy