1313: 1

The beating on the door of prince Blueblood's estate comes to a sudden end after a loud crash which announces the end of all the buzzing and screaming from all over Canterlot.

Everything goes pink for a brief moment.

Prince Blueblood, sitting on his bed in his dark room with windows and shutters closed and aggressively holding a pillow, lets out a sigh of relief.

His ears twitch as he starts hearing something akin to a drawn out whistle which gets louder and louder until-

*CRASH!*

The reinforced anti-assassin, anti-magic, anti-commoner rabble scum, metallic shutters shatter with a massive impact sending their shrapnel everywhere and avoiding decapitating the already trembling prince only by sheer accident and the destiny's malevolent desire to keep him alive.

Hearing the crash followed by the prince's high-pitched girlish screeching, the zebra mare stationed outside his door -mostly so that no one would see the prince shake like a leaf and sob into his pillow while begging for his "auntie" to stop the invasion- enjoys her "boss'" incoherent panicked yelling for brief three seconds before barging inside.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Blueblood is pointing at a changeling lying amidst the wreckage of the super-shutters, glass window, and furniture.

"AAAAAAH! KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

"I am not a unicorn and we are not equipped with flamethrowers, your Highness. You sign our requisition bill every month, remember?" replies Zamira while approaching the black creature bent in shapes clearly inconsistent with life.

"KILL IT WITH ACID!"

"That's more their thing, from what I've seen so far."

"KILL IT WITH MAGIC!"

"Again, not a unicorn."

"KILL IT WITH DEATH!"

"It's not moving and I'm pretty sure that legs don't normally bend that way. Same with necks."

"MAKE IT DEADER!"

She tosses a long stick towards the prince which makes him squeal and shuffle away while dragging a blanket up to his neck.

"Here, you can use my baton. if you want to play with a changeling corpse, you're a big colt and you can do it on your own."

Blueblood lets the blanket go and carefully approaches the broken changeling lying in front of his bed.

The body twitches.

*Crack*

"Wha-?"

*Crackcrackcrack!*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Blueblood lets out his trademark high-pitched girlish scream as the body's foreleg snaps into shape, and lobs the baton right at the changeling's head.

"...owwww..."

"IT'SNOTDEADIT'SNOTDEADIT'SNOTDEADMAKEITDEAD!" he pleads, tears welling in his eyes. Unlike the distressed prince, she has enough presence of mind to hear the very quiet:

"...owwwcrap..."

She raises an eyebrow, giving the changeling an examining look.

"How about we lock it up? Her Highness might want one of them for questioning once the situation settles down a little," Zamira gives her combat horseshoes a testing kick against the floor, the equivalent of cocking a griffon shotgun.