1313: 5

As good an idea as it seemed to promise to attend real paladin training in front of Celestia, Grandmaster Beacon's immediate dismissal probably saved 1313's carapace. However, as the weekend allotted for paladin reserve training drew closer, 1313 was less and less sure that trying to improve Blueblood's reputation might have not been the best idea.

Zamira, pacing back and forth through Blueblood's study in front of 1313 huddled in an armchair somehow managing to hug his hind legs, suddenly stops and looks directly at 1313:

"Welp, I'm out of ideas. It's been nice knowing you, 1313."

"VERY USEFUL!" the changeling's eye twitches.

"Said the guy who decided that attending a paladin training as a highly fragile changeling was a good idea."

"Why are you like this?"

"A prissy little mare punched you and your muzzle almost broke off. Now imagine that nutter Beacon hitting you with a practice sword, you porcelain ninny!"

"Tell me, what exactly did I get myself into?"

"That's the point - I can't," Zamira rolls her eyes, "Paladin reserve training is the only event I specifically wasn't allowed to visit with Blueblood."

"It can't be that bad. Blueblood is still princess Celestia's nephew. She wouldn't be too happy if he returned to her in a box."

"Blueblood isn't the one who breaks in two in a strong breeze. "

"Shoot. I can't call it off anymore, can I?"

"If you did that after promising it in front of princess Celestia and Blueblood learned about it, he would blow you up immediately. There's only one thing aside from power and status he wants and that's her approval."

"Okay, okay, breathe 1313. Zamira, is there a way you can help me?"

"This is a hole you specifically dug for yourself in such a way that makes it impossible. The only thing I know is that Blueblood always came back completely exhausted and spent the next day whining about his legs. Knowing that knows diddly squat about magic, I doubt the reserves learn complex spells or anything so my guess is that they carry something heavy and probably levitate a sword for a long time."

"So... stamina will be the key, probably," 1313 takes a long and slow breath, "Hmm, do you know of any treasured items that might be filled with love I could feed from? Just like the first time we 'met'. I'm feeling okay right now but okay sounds like it might not be enough."

"Maaaybe."

"Look, I promise I won't break it. Besides, you know by now how our feeding works. I returned your dream catcher to you in one piece."

"I had to rig the washing machine to boil the water to get the green stuff off of it!"

"Oh dear."

"It exploded and startled the poor servant who went down to wash stuff after me!"

"You forgot to un-rig it, didn't you?"

"UNIMPORTANT!"

"Fine, I'm sorry. I promise I'll try my hardest to avoid throwing up, drooling, bleeding, or squirting any other bodily fluids even remotely in the direction of any treasured item you can provide for me."

"Well..."

"Pleeeeeeease!"

"Fine, okay, geez. Just stop it with those puppy eyes."

"Thank you. If I get through this weekend alive I... I... " 1313's voice gradually fades, "I don't have anything to give you in return."

Even the slightly distraught infiltrator notices that Zamira was waiting for this when she smirks.