65536: 11

It's been several days since Luna's disappearance but, as always, there are still two Nightguards stationed by the ornate door of her castle suite. As one, both of them lock their eyes on the Royal Guard unicorn approaching them with a stern frown, his horn glowing as he telekinetically pulls out a scroll sealed with a golden seal. Stopping in front of the two bat ponies, he pulls off the band with the seal and unrolls the scroll.

"This is a search warrant for princess Luna's quarters," he says firmly.

Pink Sunset, the senior Nightguard of the two, grabs the scroll and starts reading. As his bright pink eyes, in addition to his pink mane and tail completely unsuited for nighttime operations, slide across the paper, his lips decorated with a touch of pink lipstick purse into a frown.

"You can't be serious..." his effeminate build and slightly high-pitched voice contrast sharply with the incredulity in his voice.

"The seal on the warrant says otherwise," the Royal Guard can't help cracking a smirk, "Now step aside."

Pink Sunset does quite the opposite, taking his place directly in front of the door.

"The allegations in this are absolute nonsense."

"Take it up with the council of nobles. I was tasked with searching princess Luna's quarters and that's what I'm going to do."

"Sir?" asks the second Nightguard on watch.

"The power-hungry, brain-damaged, racist-"

"Choose your words very carefully, bat, because no matter what I find, I will be writing a full report to the council."

Pink Sunset takes a deep breath.

"The council went behind princess Celestia's back and ordered the search, citing 'concerns' about mom's- princess Luna's absence during the defense of Canterlot against changelings and the fact that the scanning spells newly put in place seem to be detecting irregularities inside the castle which might be a sign of changeling presence. They presume princess Celestia wouldn't be impartial in the case of princess Luna harboring or even being a changeling in the first place, so they arranged a vote to search 'the castle' again and, of course, the first place their," he gives the Royal Guard in front of him a look of utter disgust, "stooge came to examine is princess Luna's suite."

"It is the one place outside of the vaults and princess Celestia's suite which the experimental spells can't penetrate and secure," says the Royal Guard calmly, knowing that Pink Sunset can get as angry as he wants but the council order is lawful and valid.

"Yes, I would believe that you running straight here with the ink still wet on this piece of drivel would have anything to do with actual concern for the law if those unicorn morons haven't tried to make Luna responsible for anything from broken dishes to a weak harvest season during the past two years since her return. Bat ponies too, for that matter. Frankly, I thought 'thieving guano rats' was the official Royal Guard term for us during my first year after Nightguard reconstruction, pinhead."

"Looks like a little filly, sputters like one," the Royal Guard sneers, "I bet your coltfriend likes the dirty talk and I'm sure your cellmates will appreciate those full lips if you keep resisting a signed search warrant. Perhaps the Nightguard orientation training should include less pole dancing and more law lessons. Now get out of the way before I call in a squad to school you."

"No," says Pink Sunset.

"Inmate Pink Pussy-"

"How would you feel as a pile of ash?"