1313: 7

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

To say that a certain striped member of the Blueblood estate has been having a rough morning would be a drastic understatement. However, being fully aware that it was simply a price to pay for the last night which, the zebra has to admit as she's waking up with a throbbing headache, was something she would remember for years to come. Well, parts of it.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

"Ughh..." Zamira opens her eyes as the slow tremors of something that may as well be an earthquake in her current state keep going. Luckily, the room is mostly dark so not all her senses are assaulted by the equivalent of an invading army stomping over a wooden bridge. On top of that, her nose catches the alluring scent of coffee and other smells which in her hung over state do wonders for her tolerance of the thumping.

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

With a grunt, she pushes herself into a sitting position, only to see the dim silhouette of 1313 pacing back and forth. However, instead of chewing him up, she glances at the bedside table currently occupied by a tray with a large cup of coffee and a plate filled with a mix of sweets, vegetables, a pitcher of water, and a hayburger with fries.

"How did you know...?" she groans.

1313 stops.

"The breakfast? Sugar helps metabolize alcohol, fiber helps hold everything inside you, the water is obvious, I think, and I asked one of your zebra bodyguard mates and she told me you enjoyed junk food after a binge," he says in a quiet, considerate voice, "The rest I learned from the staff."

As Zamira takes a swig of water, the black hole of last night releases a certain memory.

"Did we really...?"

"Yes."

"In Blueblood's bed...?"

"Yes."

"And in the shower?"

"Yes."

"And on his desk?"

"Yes."

"...and in the dining room downstairs?"

"That was just a light dinner when we came back."

"Oh thank- wait... did I really ask Zaida to join?"

"Yes, and you started kissing her in front of me."

"Buck..."

"You'd have gotten to that, likely. I gave her a paid day off."

"Can you even do that?"

"She didn't ask. We won't tell."

Zamira chuckles quietly.

"Heh. You wanna team up after all this is over and replace Blueblood entirely? I doubt anypony would miss him. Hay, you already made his parents happier, that paladin fanatic seemed to like you more the first time he met you, and-"

"Celestia wouldn't be happy," 1313 says with such finality that it completely kills the idea. Forever.

"Ughh... nopony will ever know why..." Zamira moans before taking a bite of the burger and closing her eyes, "This is heaven..."

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

"Why are you up and walking around anyway? If you're nervous, don't be. I know what Celestia tasked you with sounds difficult but there's no reason to fall into pieces this early."

"I'm just thinking," 1313 shrugs.

"What about?"

"The changeling drone we stumbled upon yesterday."