65536: 8

One might be surprised but being able to understand most words definitely doesn't mean understanding what's being said. 65536 learned that pretty quickly during the second part of Tender Feather's hearing. Big words and phrases like 'legislative' and 'framework for oversight and gradual integration and potential assimilation' went right past the changeling drone dizzy from the transfer of knowledge, so it made the executive decision to simply curl up with Not-Blue, close its eyes, and nod off.

High ranks were talking and when they needed something, they would tell it.

Speaking of which, what rank is Luna? What rank is Sharp? Ponies are soft, squishy, and colorful, but they could learn a thing or two from us changelings. You can't beat numbers when you want things to make sense.

The clicking of a door wakes 65536 up and it realizes that Luna must have carried it off back into her suite. A quick look through its shimmering but invisible forelegs confirms it just as the spell ends and the legs turn all black and hole-y as they should.

"Ah, you're awake," Luna's telekinesis grips 65536 and puts it down on the floor.

"Nuh uh, I'm 65536!" 65536 shakes its head, "And you're Luna!"

From the door, Sharp Biscuit snickers.

"You're going to regret teaching the little smartass to talk soon enough."

65539 sticks its tongue out at him.

"No, she won't! This way I can tell her what I carried where, how long of a tunnel I dug, that I got away from the big bad worm thing that eats careless drones. I can tell her all the things! I kept trying to mind beam all that to you before but it didn't work..."

"Mind beam?" Sharp asks, glancing Luna's way as she takes off all her regalia and begins lighting small incense burners hanging above the bed.

"I think the high ups call it a hive link but 'mind beam' sounds so much cooler! WoOoOooo!" it waves its forelegs in his direction while scrunching its muzzle in concentration.

"Interesting-" begins Sharp but gets interrupted by Luna.

"As much as I would like to stay up and discuss everything we've learned today, I have this creeping feeling that the dreamscape is going to be boiling tonight and that I'm going to need all the power I can get to be able to fight the tantabus and the dreamweavers."

"Oh oh oh!" 65536 hops up and down, raising its foreleg, "I can help! I made the tinnitus eat itself last time!"

"I know, but that also means it will be ready," Luna shakes her head, "No, I have a different job for you."

"Is it digging? I like digging!"

"Please don't dig anything anywhere inside the castle unless explicitly asked," states Sharp flatly.

"Alrighty then! What do you need me to carry where?" 65536 turns its head in excitement, looking from Luna to Sharp and back.

"No, it's not carrying anything either at the moment," says Luna and can't help cracking a smile as the look of complete puzzlement crosses the drone's face.

"Buuuut Imma drone. We dig, we carry, we get eaten- oh..." its ears fold back as its entire body slumps, hugging its plushie, "I see... I mean, can I have a few moments with Not-Blue before-"

"No mortal or immortal creature is eating you and if anyone tries to as much as nibble on you I will rain down fire and brimstone and drop the moon on the world so hard they will envy the dinosaurs and Sharp will rip the ballsack of anyone even suggesting such a stupid thing and use it as a punching bag in front of their potential grandfoals from other timelines while laughing at their terrified weeping FACES AND THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR MARES!" Luna finishes the loud rant with glowing eyes, heavy breathing, and lightning striking outside the window despite the clear sky.