Louis Gerard 🎀

Rebecca got up late in the morning. She lifted some toiletries and opened her bedroom window. The daylight was not as bright as usual. The sky was very grey, even stormy. She poked her head out cheerfully and welcomed the little raindrops on her face, as well as the fresh air. In her mind, the image of the rats resurfaced. She winced in terror... Rebecca wondered. What was Mrs Gerard doing near the house? she thought. 

At the same time, something strange happened. A young man with white hair was holding a gun in his hand. The device reminded Rebecca of the one used by the young redhead who had been attacked at Pyramides station. The boy walked slowly towards his target. Rebecca was desperately searching for the victim from her window. Her heart was beating rapidly. With every step the young man took, Rebecca became more and more anxious. The young adult saw him pointing his gun at a weakened person. Suddenly, she recognised the vampire from Pyramides station. She couldn't believe her eyes! The weather was getting colder and colder, and the wind was blowing the smell of blood. The strange chap on line 14, seriously injured, was fighting for his life. He was in no position to attack and was content to retreat. The young man with the gun struck him hard in the abdomen.

The mysterious man lay on the ground, practically unconscious. Rebecca could see the sharp-toothed man's blood dripping onto the plants. The bloodthirsty boy was stroking his gun gently. The man from Pyramids station tried to get up and flee... Bang! The young girl held her breath and let herself fall. Her anxiety attack was back. She wanted to tell her parents, but she was unable to. Rebecca staggered to her feet. Every step she took required a superhuman effort. She locked herself in the bathroom and swallowed some anti-stress capsules. The young Goth sank into the bath, scared to death. Stupidly, she bumped into the tap and winced in pain. Rebecca cried silently, unable to call for help. 

Christine and Ryan were getting ready to go and visit the Gerard family. Rebecca's mother was shouting her name throughout the house to make sure her daughter had woken up. But with no word back from Rebecca, Christine decided to go and meet her. Ryan, her husband, did this for her and then went upstairs. Behind the bathroom door, he heard his daughter sobbing.

"Sweetheart?"

"Dad?" replied Rebecca, wiping away her tears.

"Are you ok?"

"I just had a panic attack," the young woman admitted, running water over her face.

"Are you all right?" persisted Ryan, "Who was shaking the door handle. Rebecca?"

"Yes, Dad, I'm fine."

"Are you dressed? We're going out!"

Rebecca unlocked the lock to have a better chat with her father.

"Rose has invited us to lunch at her house," said Ryan calmly.

"Who?" exclaimed his daughter, her face pale.

"Rose Gerard!" replied her father, astonished. 

"Your mother's friend. Who do you want me to talk about?"

After what Rebecca had just been through, she wasn't thinking of going out... Rose Gerard was no ordinary woman, she thought nervously. Rebecca was trembling.

"Get ready, will you!" begged Ryan.

"Daddy..."

Suddenly Christine exclaimed, We've got a visitor! 

Rebecca's heart bounced violently in her chest.

"The Gerard are here! I can't wait," exclaimed Ryan, delighted.

Rebecca rushed back to her room. She went over to the window to have a look. She was frightened. The weather was getting more and more sinister. As long as her parents were around, she felt safe, but not completely. Rebecca put on her clothes and joined them at the entrance to the house with the horrifying image of the mysterious young boy. He had disappeared with his victim without a trace. Ryan and Christine were laughing out loud with Madame Gerard, who was accompanied by her son, Louis. Rebecca was shaking from head to toe with every step she took. When she looked down, she discovered a blood-stained tea towel in the young man's hand... When she looked up, she was terrified to see the boy who had killed the murderer on the Metro 14! Rebecca was terrified. Louis' shifty gaze met hers. He looked more enigmatic than Rose, and even more terrifying. Rebecca felt a pang in her heart and went back upstairs. She rushed to the bathroom, throwing up in the toilet. She ran out of oxygen and leaned over the sink. Christine followed her, worried, and joined her daughter, who was unrecognisable.

"Rebecca, are you all right? Are you feverish?"

"Mum, I don't want to go to them, please," Rebecca implored, feeling sick.

"Have you been taking your medicine again? I've already told you that you have to be careful with that rubbish. You mustn't depend on it, you're stronger than that!"

"Anyway, I'm in no condition..."

"Rebecca, it's all in your head!" clarified Christine, who picked her up firmly.

"Mum, I don't want to go to the Gerard'."

"Why? Because of Rose? Because of Rose?" surmised her mother, who was looking for answers. "I know, she's very mysterious, but she's not mean."

"Mum, I don't want to go! Why don't you want to understand that? I have the feeling you're hiding something from me..."

Christine looked downcast. She didn't know what to do.

"Tell me why you don't want to... And why do you say that, my darling?"

"There's something strange that I can't explain... Rose Gerard doesn't look human," explained Rebecca, thinking back to the night the rats came to attack her.

"What are you talking about?" worried Christine, who was frowning.

"I'm talking about the creepy crawlies that got into the house and disfigured my face!"

Christine looked away and turned her back on Rebecca. Ryan appeared in a hurry, impatient.

"Come on, my darlings! Let's not keep them waiting!"

It was the Gerard' turn to get impatient. Christine pulled Rebecca close to her and forced her down.Rebecca remained unmoved as she met Louis' eyes again. He gave off no emotion whatsoever; he was emptier than nothingness itself. He expressed nothing human, nothing reassuring. When Rebecca approached Louis, he kissed her hand, gazing at her without taking his eyes off her. A few images blurred in her mind, freezing her completely.

As a child, Rebecca loved going to the Gerard house while Christine and Rose squabbled like five-year-olds. In her memories, the two women would talk for hours in a basement that was inaccessible to her. Rebecca could hear strange cries coming from there. She covered her ears by standing in the corridor. A maid looked after Rebecca when her mother was away with Rose all day.One day, Rebecca saw Rose's son for the first time. He was holding a strange book which he treasured. The little boy loved to play with mechanical objects that Rebecca had never seen before. He made friends with her and took her back to his room to play. Sometimes young Louis would show his friend jars with hidden canines. Rebecca was curious at the time and followed the young boy's adventures without flinching. One night, the two children wandered away from the Gerard house. The little boy had seen something strange moving around. The two friends went deeper into the woods... but never found their way back.

Suddenly, Rebecca came to her senses. Louis was surprised to see her in such a state. The Laurence family left their home to go to the Gerard house.