Unknown world 🎀

A few days later, Ryan accompanied his wife to the airport. He quickly headed back to work for a farewell drink. The father felt helpless and tense in his company car. The days passed with difficulty for the Laurence family. Tense and tense, Ryan was worried about Rebecca. Rebecca realised that the situation could no longer go on like this. The only person who could change things for Rebecca was none other than her mother. Living among humans as a vampire was very difficult for Rebecca. The men who had landed in Paris would come back sooner or later, she thought.

Catherine sang along, happy to be going to her friend's house. Rebecca's house was not far away. The young student deactivated her GPS and put her mobile phone in her bag. A few members of the Laurence family's neighbourhood passed her. They thought she looked strange. Catherine's candy-pink outfit did not go unnoticed. The atmosphere near Rebecca's house was very cold and eerie. The wind was roaring and the crows were becoming more and more noticeable as Catherine drew closer to her destination. Rebecca spotted her college friend from her window. She contemplated her ultra-girly casual outfit. Catherine was wearing a candy pink crop top and high-waisted leggings in the same colour with white stripes... Yuck, too much pink! screamed Rebecca, inwardly. The young Goth could smell her perfume a mile away... She felt as if Star Butterfly had turned up in person. Too much silliness for one and the same person, Rebecca disapproved. Without further ado, the Goth went down the stairs to meet her at the front door.

"Finally, I see you..." said Catherine, amused.

"Hi Catherine, thanks again for the lessons."

"No problem, don't thank me! Are you sure everything's all right? You look so different since last time," admitted Catherine, worried.

"I'm a bit ill," lied Rebecca, who pretended to cough.

"What's the matter? Bronchitis?"

"Angina..."

"Are you sure?" accentuated Catherine, frowning.

Rebecca didn't want to lie, but she had no choice. She invited her to sit on the sofa and offered her a glass of water. For a moment there was silence. Catherine examined every corner of the house. The traditional West African statues caught her eye. She was very curious. The smell of her blood wafted up Rebecca's nostrils, and she found it pleasant. Rebecca was scanning every detail. Suddenly, something caught her eye: Catherine's necklace. It had a peculiar and very familiar shape. At the end of the necklace was a pattern. The emblem on her jewellery resembled the crest on the mysterious book Rebecca was having trouble opening. Her friend was talking to her, but she was so focused on her jewellery that she wasn't listening.

"Rebecca? Are you listening to me?" asked Catherine, worried.

"Do you want a cookie?" replied Rebecca, confused.

"Would you? No, thanks!"

Rebecca was confused, but she had to show her the book. She thought about it for a long time and then said...

"Would you like to come up to my room?" Rebecca offered hesitantly.

"If you like, let's go!" shouted her friend, delighted.

The two young women went upstairs in stunned silence. They entered the room without exchanging a word. Dark, hard rock and gothic were hardly part of Catherine's world, but when she saw the cuddly toys, she couldn't resist... Sweet Catherine held them close. Meanwhile, Rebecca took the opportunity to delicately remove the book from her chest of drawers. She turned to her friend, who was sitting on the edge of her bed, smelling of cuddly toys. Rebecca's heart was pounding as if she were jumping off a cliff. She hesitated for a long time before showing her the book...