Rebecca's diary 🎀

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Dear Diary,

I feel guilty imagining Louis's deep sadness. His parents are dead because of me... I can't think any more. I stay constantly in my room, lurking in the dark. I don't know why this vampire has come to me, but I have the strong impression that he knows a lot about my past. What's more, I'm no longer involved in family life. This makes my parents very worried. I'm afraid of drinking their blood, so I avoid them. Night is the only time I can eat on the sly. I've noticed that my powers don't come back as easily. I'm also wondering whether my mother cuckolded my father... or the other way round. If so, I'll never forgive them for hiding the truth about my identity.

Since our return from Picardie, my mother has been on an emergency mission with her job. We haven't heard from her. My father has a lot of meetings, but that doesn't stop him slipping me a few kind words behind my door.

 Louis haunts my thoughts. I don't know what state he's in. I do my best to open the crocodile book to unravel the mystery surrounding the origin of the Gerard... but nothing! What's more, I've been having visions all night: the vampire at Pyramides station was telling me to make a choice and calling me Rebecca Moon. I don't understand where this name could have come from... There were men dressed in coats with guns in their hands... I feel like I'm in danger.

Finally, dear Diary, I've lost count of the hours and even the days. I must open this book by any means necessary. The mummified vampire hasn't shown his face since we last met. I need to decipher the mystery surrounding me and him. The Gerard said I was one of them... I don't know what to think or who to believe, and I can't work out which people they belong to. I'd plugged in my mobile this morning, and when I turned it on I discovered a flurry of messages, including those from Catherine. She was asking me to meet her to catch up on lessons. Messages from Bérénice also appeared, but I pretended not to see them. I've got to come out of the dark and keep a low profile, otherwise I'm in danger of moping around a lot. Besides, I'm afraid of waking up my vampire instinct, I don't know how it works, but I'm wary...