Rebecca's identity 🎀

Rebecca's parents chatted in the living room while she retired to her bedroom. It wasn't late yet... The clock showed 7:00 pm. Rebecca wanted to leave. She walked in circles around the room, not knowing where she was going. The Gerard family was haunting her. If Rebecca wanted answers to her questions, she had to go back to Picardie. She suspected that her mother would prevent her from going. The young Goth switched on her PC and scanned the various TER (regional train) timetables. If she wanted to go back there, she had to come up with a credible lie. It didn't matter if she missed the next day's classes, she had to try! With trembling hands, she relived her face-to-face with Louis Gerard over and over again. The terrifying look in his eyes petrified her. Rebecca could still feel the prisoner watching her from the shadows. She was curious and determined to return to Picardie.

A few minutes later, Rebecca went to the master suite to get the keys to their holiday home. They were on the chest of drawers next to a family photo frame. With the keys in her pocket, the Gothic hurried down the stairs, taking care to be discreet as she slipped on her rucksack. Suddenly, she met her father.

"Hey firefly, where are you off to?" asked Ryan, surprised.

"I've got to find Berenice, it's urgent!" Rebecca lied, a little nervous.

"Your best friend? The one who lives in Paris? I doubt your mother would agree..."

"Dad, cover for me, I need you."

Ryan was very hesitant. Rebecca seemed to want to join her friend. His father didn't dare make a decision without Christine's agreement. If Ryan said yes, his wife would certainly be green with rage, but for his little Rebecca it was worth it. The father of the family refused his daughter anything.

"Okay, right, keep me posted," Ryan formulated, without asking too many questions. "I can explain that to your mom."

Ryan trusted her enormously. He didn't think it was strange for her to leave after a long drive. If Rebecca had to go to her best friend's house to get closer to university or to tell her about her stay in Picardie, the head of the family would naturally accept. Rebecca hugged him and made a lightning dash for the station, heading for Paris and taking the TER to Picardie. She was scared, but she wanted to face her inner demons... She didn't know what was waiting for her there, but she had to find out. The atmosphere on the train was reassuring. There weren't many people around at this time of day. Rebecca glanced thoughtfully out of the window. She hoped to return to Paris with a lighter heart. 

In the evening, a taxi dropped her off outside her holiday home. It was a little late and slightly chilly. Rebecca followed her first instinct - to go to the Gerards' house. The strange voice came back into her head. It was telling her to follow another path that led to the Gerard family home. Rebecca set off, looking at the access to the second door in the basement. She didn't know how the images were created in her head, but she followed her inner self to get there. As the mysterious voice told her: "The Gerards are out tonight". Rebecca trusted him blindly, unaware of any potential danger. Images of her childhood came back to her every day. She wanted to understand what had happened to her as a child. 

Under the starry night, Rebecca walked with a beating heart. The Gerard house rose into view. She walked slowly towards the gate of their large house, which opened at the touch of her hands. Alerted, she looked around to see if anyone was there. Rebecca found it strange that the door should open... Suddenly, she heard a voice piercing her ears. Rebecca stopped... At first it was unpleasant, then it became more and more catchy. Unconsciously, Rebecca let herself be guided to the Gerard house. The smell of wood was strong and the wind that night carried her along. The damp grass glistened under the full silver moon. Drawn by the sweet scent of the night, Rebecca made a macabre discovery: drops of blood were running all around the basement. The young Goth had been dreading this moment.