The Kingdom of Arahsmurd 🎀

Faced with this situation, Christine felt powerless. She hadn't expected to meet her daughter here under these conditions. Her body froze at the sight of her anger. She put on a face marked by shame and knelt down in front of a suffering Rebecca. Christine realised that she should have taken responsibility earlier and reassured her daughter when she needed it. But Rebecca's love of vampires was so strong that being a Hunter seemed impossible. Her daughter was seething with rage at the sight of her in that outfit. She wondered about her profession and all the secrets she kept. All this time, her mother had kept the truth from her. Ralph realised that he had to let them both explain themselves. Christine apologised, but her daughter would have none of it.

"Rebecca... I'm so sorry."

"Mum, why didn't you tell me?"

"I needed time to accept that you were a Hunter..."

"When I told you I was seeing things, you didn't believe me. When I wanted to talk to you about it, you ran away! Do you think I can forgive you? Do you honestly think I can accept what you dared to do to me?" cried Rebecca, her eyes bloodshot.

"I'm..."

"I'm so angry! All this time I've been going through horrible things, it makes me sick. I needed you, but you weren't there! Thank God Dad was there..."

"Calm down. Rebecca," said her mother, embarrassed. "I'm really sorry, but I wanted to protect you. I didn't want to believe that you could be a Hunter. Since you loved vampires so much, I thought that if you knew they were being killed, you'd hate me a thousand times over."

"So what if I had? What difference would it have made? Can you tell me?"

"Rebecca, listen to me..."

"No, you listen to me! You need to prepare yourself for what I'm going to tell you... I'm a vampire," her daughter admitted, through clenched teeth.

"No... That's impossible," Christine stammered, terrified.

"Can't you see that something has changed in me since we left Picardie?"

 Rebecca was disgusted. Her hands were shaking visibly. Christine felt as if she were tumbling down the stairs. Her daughter, a vampire... impossible, she thought. In a low voice, Rebecca described the drama that had taken place at the Gerard house.

"What are you talking about?" Christine gasped, her face horrified.

"The Gerard are torturers; why didn't you tell me about them?"

"I told them to keep their distance from you... They're notorious torturers. I didn't want you to suspect anything about them and their despicable methods with vampires, but Rose insisted that we have dinner together and spend the holidays with them. She also mentioned one or two vampires on the loose who were lurking around and almost certainly in our house. She wanted to make sure we were OK, Rose was just doing her job."