Chapter 8: Welcome to Sanctuary

*Near Sanctuary, Pandora* 

Y/N's POV:

After driving for at least a few minutes, we came across the road to Sanctuary as we heard Handsome Jack, again...

Handsome Jack ECHO: (laughs, claps) Made it to Banditville, huh? Well done! It'll be nice to see a friendly face when I'm burning that place to the ground. Oh, and I have decided that I will tell you my secret later on. Once you've earned it.

Y/N: Oh good God that asshole likes to hear himself talk, doesn't he? (sighs) Gaige, you Salvador, and Zer0 deliver that power core to Lt. Davis. The rest of us will head to the gate for them to let us in.

Gaige: Ya got it! (looks at Salvador and Zer0) Let's go!

The three left as it was just me, Shiki, Rebecca, Happy, Maya, Krieg, and Axton left.

Y/N: To the gates?

Maya/Axton: To the gates.

Krieg: TO THE GATES OF HEAVEN!

Happy: (sweat drops) I still find it hard to believe what he's saying.

As the three of us approached the gates, we saw the shields go down for a moment before coming back online.

Shiki: Wow! What is that?

Rebecca: Some kind of force field.

Axton: That means they fixed the shields.

Y/N: Yup, and-

Lt. Davis ECHO: Blitz! Look alive, everybody!

I was slightly confused what he meant by that until we felt tremors, not the ones Handsome Jack would cause, but instead shots from that weird H-shaped station above. The damn station fired at least eight times before giving up.

Shiki: What the hell was that?!

Lt. Davis ECHO: Hyperion moonshot blitz. Without that fresh core you all brought, those lunar mortar shots woulda punched right through the shield.

With that out of the way, Gaige, Salvador, and Zer0 came back as we approached the gates and the Raider at the front saw us coming.

Raider: Let me open the gate for you. (press button, gate opens) Commander Roland never came back from his secret reconnaissance mission. He left very specific orders for this contingency which you can help carry out. Go meet with the town mechanic.

Once the gate fully opened, we walked into Sanctuary until Angel came back to speak.

Angel: Crap, I mean, uh... Nevermind. Roland needs your help. Without you, the Crimson Raiders don't stand a chance against Jack. Please, find out where Roland's gone.

Rebecca: So, what's this Sanctuary built for? 

Angel: Sanctuary... Built on the ruins of the Dahl corporation's finest interplanetary mining ship, now the last refuge for thieves, murderers, and outcasts. Welcome home.

Y/N: Thanks for the warm welcome. (notices mechanic shop) Okay, this has to be the town's mechanic. (looks at sign) "SCOOTER'S" Must be the mechanic, or Vehicular Savant. Let's go meet him.

We approached the mechanic shop, and the garage door opens, and we see, who can assume to be, Scooter laying his back on a vehicle while his legs were relaxing on a stack of tires. We walked in and he noticed us.

Scooter: Ooooh, crap, is you Hyperion? I heard all of you are robots and you eat metal out of the garbage and stuff. Knew you wired death machines would be coming for me once Roland went missing. Now, if you're here to kill me, you should probably know...