Chapter 12: Saving Commander Roland

*Bloodshot Stronghold, Pandora*

Y/N's POV: 

Y/N's thoughts: If I ever had to guess this place was inhabited by bandits, this would be it.

Blood was all over the place. The walls, the floors. It even covered the Fast Travel almost completely. It didn't help that the place stunk. 

It smelled of rotted corpses, blood, and shit. It stunk so bad, it made me want to burn the place to the ground.

Shiki: So this is the Bloodshot Stronghold.

Rebecca: (covers her nose) Ew, what's that smell?

Happy: It's worse then rotten fish.

Zer0: I cannot smell another./Which is unfortunate for me./I wish I can smell.

Y/N: (contacts Lilith) We're in, and it stinks in here

Lilith ECHO: You're in? Great. Roland should be around here somewhere. I'm sure you can handle yourself, but if anything happens to Roland... make sure nothing happens to Roland.

Y/N: We'll save him, don't worry.

Lilith ECHO: Okay... sorry. I'm just... concerned is all.

I drew my new Sniper Rifle and had my sights up when I looked in the next room. There were bandits that were patrolling the room, which suggested they knew we were coming since they would most likely be relaxing. But why didn't they just keep their guns aimed at the entrance? It would've made sure they didn't miss us. 

I shook my head before sniping the nomad with the shield in the head. Figured he would be the most annoying to get rid of in a fair fight.

 Figured he would be the most annoying to get rid of in a fair fight

Marauder: (notice us) Hey! How did they get in here?!

Nomad: It's the Vault Hunters! Kill them!

Hoards of bandits attacked, but we took care of them. Thought, I have a feeling there would be more of them once we continue our way. I noticed a safe on the left while there was ECHO chatter going on.

Flanksteak ECHO: Look here, Hyperion- I'm not asking much for Roland! A million bucks! Hello?! This thing on?!

Lilith ECHO: You handling the Bloodshots all right?

Y/N: We're fine. No need to get worked up. 

Lilith ECHO: They've been trying to take Roland out ever since he kicked their asses out of Sanctuary. (sighs) I should've seen it coming.

Y/N: It's not your fault. It would've been impossible to know when and how. Bandits aren't very organized, so they likely wouldn't have discussed their plans. So don't blame yourself for something that was not in your power to stop.