chap13

Author's pov:
Radha pulled vijay into the car. It was a place away from the city which made it more difficult for even people to be found on the road for help, empty roads hearing the rushing speed of the car wheels as radha drove with a high speed. Tears were continuously flowing out of her eyes as she kept checking on him and also driving.
" Vijay, please get up, please. I need you, you can't be weak, wake up " She tried patting him, but he was slowly turning pale and bluish. Blood drained out of her face, palling her as a terrified look masked her.

Soon she pulled up at the hospital emergency, as the ward boys rushed him into the ER, she made sure of the incident to be confidential and asked her PA to manage the police. She gave her statement to the police and sat in front of the OT room as the doctors operated him. Her restlessness was increasing with each passing minute he was inside on the OT bed.
Much to her terror, the doctors informed that the bullets were smeared with poison, and one bullet was near to his heart which is making it more difficult also the poison had spread in his body, That meant, they were not some random robbers, they really came to attack, But who??
The moments they had spent together, their laughter, their madness, his support, their kiss, his love, his confession and their moments were playing like a movie reel on her mind and getting stuck at the moment where he jumped before her taking the bullet which was meant for her.
' why vijay, it was meant for me, I was meant to take that bullet, not you.. After all that you had prepared yourself for your battles, you are not meant to die in mine. It was my battle to fight. I had to be on that OT table, not you. Please come back for me, please' she cried to herself, no one was there to hear her except for the silent wind and the setting sun. Something was creeping her heart, the feeling only she knew what it was .
Was it love, care, concern, fear, terror or guilt?

" Ms. Vardev, we've removed the bullets and given him the antidote for the poison, but it was already spread on his body by the time you bought him. So I can't tell that he is fine and lie to you. He is critical and needs to be kept under observation. We will shift him to the ICU soon. The only concern is he shouldn't develop seizures as an adverse effect of the poison. Though we had Administered the antidote, many patients are prone to seizures in such cases.. which will turn it impossibly critical to save him. He needs to gain consciousness in the next 1 hour, without developing any seizures. Hope for the best Ms. Vardev, stay strong. We did our best. "The doctor informed and left to proceed with shifting vijay to the ICU.
" Doctor, can I see him once, please " She asked after they shifted him. Getting a nod from the doc, she moved towards the ICU, muttering courage, she pushed open the doors and entered. Finding him connected to all the tubes and machines, with a lake face and a huge bandage on his chest and arm, broke her heart.
"Everything was good for a moment and the very next, everything was gone, like it never existed" his words echoed in her ears remembering from the time he told her. about his past, True to it, now she felt the same. Everything was good. they were happily having their lunch and leaving to home and out of no where, he ended up on the hospital bed.
She placed a peck on his
forehead and whispered
"vijay, please get up for me, I love you" in his ears and left with budding anger. Seenu, where is his security head she questioned vijay's manager like she was the boss. "Mam, he has to be here by now" he replied,
"I dont care if he shows up or does not, fire the whole security team, what were they even doing, they were Supposed Guard to him, i want them sued!" She ordered "Mam, they were there in disguise as always, but dont know how, they were murdered Brutally before they attacked you. "
he informed.
Radha took a deep breath and said." Make arrangements to take care of their families and it's on me. AND, I don't care, dismiss the whole security team, I Want a new one arranged in an hour, to be more precise, i want the best" She said and sighed him to go.

Her anger wasn't suppressing ,she walked to an isolated room at the end of the corridor ,dialing a number
on her dialpad.
"Dad, what the hell did you even do ?? They were support to shoot me, not vijay why the fuck did they shoot him? " she Spoke dangerously .
"He jumped in the middle, he was becoming so much of a Loverboy..
What Can I do, And what is with this tone of your.
Is this the way you speak to your father? " the other person warned.
"They attacked him dad." She tried to Sound logical. But her tone didn't help.
"Yaa, I know, I only asked them to attack vijay for more impact, but those bullets were meant for you, how Can I help if he took the bullet, my baby. And I saw you crying too, Are you really in love with him."
" I don't care,........ now he is critical, I already took the antidote for the poison, we meant only to Scare him so he would fasten the process of transfer, if he dies, you wont ever get a penny." She said wantedly avoiding the question of her love for vijay coz she couldn't answer it. How could she tell her dad ,who planned to kill vijay and To tell him that she is in love with the person whom her dad was waiting to kill sooner or later.