chap18

" Dhara is gone... She is no more.. " Her eyes teared up, the strongest woman I've ever known was crying.... And what!! Dhara!!
" What are you talking mom? " Vijay's shocked voice resonated in the hall.
" Accident, the car was completely burnt down and still we dont know if it was an accident or a murder.. But i know its a murder!!! " She spoke as she slumped down on the sofa.
I really did not expect this to happen. But how come...
I looked at vijay, his expression was blank, i couldn't even read him, what was running on his mind. Should i might have told him before.... What dad said..
I am the culprit ..... I am her murderer
When i was away for those 2 days , he said he was planning something.. So that vijay wouldn't turn back to dhara from me and not to take a chance. And he had some thing planned for dhara... Which he could execute do easily.
I didn't knew what it was then.. But now by joining the dots.. He did it.
I was so blind by selfishness and i was already dealing with our shit and i couldn't process what dad could do.
I did not think about what vijay might feel . Yes i know he love radha... But he also love dhara... I just stood there watching the mother-son duo weep in silence. " Where is she mom" His voice cracked as he gulped in his tears threatening to fall out. The side which i had never seen of , or i never thought i would see.
" How does it matter now, there was nothing left to even see. Only burnt ashes we got nothing for postmortem, just the burnt car with ashes and bones. I cant even think of seeing my dhara in that place, but she... My bacha.. She is gone.. " She cried out holding her chest. Vijay's eyes were red with anger, pain and ready to kill anyone. He looked at me. He was about to say something but stopped, maybe realising that we had the bugs on. " I will not leave anyone who is responsible for this
They will face the worst death of their lives" His voice was so dangerous . For a moment, my heart stopped beating.. I fucked up.. And i know he will kill me with bare hands if he know that i knew, dhara was in danger.

Later that night:
The whole day i was in the guest room and vijay was no where to be seen. I feel like, i was alone in this huge mansion. Finally, i decided to go out and check.
Aunty was sitting on the sofa in the living hall and vinay was beside her.. Consoling... I have no idea what they spoke but now, they looked really gloomy. I went and stood behind, trying to read them .
" We need to announce it mom.... A funeral. " Vijay said breaking the silence. " She deserves the last rites. " He continued as aunty nodded. " I'll call shivam uncle. " He said and got up walking to the side hall way as i followed him. I need to talk to him.
" Uncle, i have something to tell you, could you please come to the mansion. Yes its an emergency. " He said for which he got a reply of i am coming, i assume and later cut the call turning to me.
" Are you...... ok? " " How mad of you to assume that i will be ok knowing that my dhara is not with me.... I know, i thought that she died years ago, but knowing she was alive and again loosing her is not what i except from my fate. " He spoke with a blank expression. It was like ,a part of him was burnt to death and the other part was already dead. Thia was not the vinay i knew.... He dint speak anything more and went back to sit beside his mom.

Shivam Nayak.. Neatly tucked in a suit and well kept . The man looked too young to be called old.. His personality reflected power as he walked in.
" Gayathri, vijay? What happened? " His deep voice echoed.
" Uncle, please sit down. " Vijay gestured.
" What happened vijay. You sound so.."
" Dhara is dead" He dint hide around the bushes anymore, saying it out, shivam nayak's calm expression changed into a frown and the frown deepned more as he heard vijay tell him the truth that dhara was alive, the will, their marriage and now her death for real.
" Funeral has to happen, uncle. And i will hunt them down, whoever is responsible for her death is also responsible for all the death in the family. I will end this, for that i need your help. We shouldn't give them the satisfaction of their not so good victory of killing my dhara. " Vijay said dangerous , it felt more of emotionless. And the way he repeatedly said MY DHARA was triggering something in me.
" Hmm... But first lets get done with the funeral, its already midnight and tomorrow will be gone for the rites... Its your bday day after tomorrow, so what about the announcement... You taking charge as the whole and soul CEO of VEDA, that is unavoidable for the moment too. " Uncle pointed out, as he looked at me with an unknown expression."Radha Vardev, you here?"
He asked noticing me.
" Lets keep it for later uncle, about her.... For now know that we love each other. " Vijay was speaking everything plainly without any emotions, which is scaring me. I never heard this tone of his before... " And i will announce about dhara's demise during the announcement on my birthday, until then lets keep it a secret. " Vijay said and both agreed. Aunty was still gloomy and she wasn't even sparing me a glance. It felt like she din't want to see me or vijay, but since only we knew about dhara, and the rites has to be done, so she was speaking a bit with vijay, if not she would had ripped us apart by now.
Soon morning came, even the night as we completed the rites and returned back. No one knew except for us. And vijay's silent behavior was really scaring me. I know he was so broken to find dhara was dead, when he again expected he could, may be get back his best friend, but he is being and acting unpredictable to even act accordingly. Deciding to talk to him, i knocked on his room door, no reply, so i entered in as it wasn't locked.
" Vijay " He dint reply, the sound of the water running from the bathroom said that he was in the shower. So i waited for him to come out. I was preparing myself to talk to him, planning and thinking, coz, one wrong statement and we would be boomed, taken for the condition and vijay's mood. Its not some normal mood disturbance for the stance.
My phone rang, suddenly jolting me up. " Dad, i was trying to call you why didn't you pick up my calls. I whisper yelled. I was so frustrated trying to reach him since I've got to know about dhara's death. But he dint pick up the call.
"Got my suprise ? Its my gift for you, enjoy vijay's attention for a while before i kill him too" he said not minding to awwer me about why dint he pick up my calls earlier.
" What the hell dad , I thought you just planned to scare her, but you actually killed her. You
heard how dangerous vijay sounded "
"Ah..... for today , he is, but eventually he will turn to you. i was seeing how he was been thinking about dhara alot lately, setting up special security for her without anyone's notice just to check if she was fine and how she was crying for him. we cant take risk, anyhow, she had to die for spoiling my plane, being alive and how easily i got her. i am not the one to lose my opportunity. "
" How did you even get her? " I asked not able to believe how heartless he is. "Our men in the mansion informed about a girl arguing with Gayathri asking for vijay. And claiming that vijay is her's. Any how we never knew how dhara looked like and who would have the guts to claim that vijay is her's in front of gayatri, except for some lunatic. So it has to be dhara... May be she got to know what vijay said that day to his mom about loving you. She angily walked out of the house...no bodyguard and alone, so got her. " he clucked cruelly.
" I thought you just abducted her, that is what you told me, you would do. But you burnt her alive." I couldn't control anymore as I shouted. "Radha" that voice stopped my heart and breath for a moment. vijay was standing near his bed. Did he listen. I cut the call immediately. " what are you doing here, radhi. " his voice seems hoarse like he cried and he sounded weak, he called me radhi with mu nickname, means he dint listen.. if not... he wouldn't. i guess.
"I came to see, if you are fine. " ai replied.He sensed that I was talking to dad, but dint question me what. I can see his anger in his eyes... Ready to kill my so called dad right now.
"I cant be fine and......"
"Vijay! Please, i know you are so deeply hurt, but please, atleast dont speak like this to me. " I hugged him. He took a deep breath, breaking the hug. Every move of him was making me scared of, this is the moment, this is the moment.. Of he might be knowing that i knew about dhara and he might kill me then and there. But surprising me he kissed me on my forehead and moved towards his closet, slipping into his track pants he came back pulling me into a feisty kiss. So demanding and dangerous. Nothing felt like normal or may be my fear was just creeping in making me think otherwise. " Stop me now, go away.. Or it would be worse for both of us... Dont let me regret later... I am so frustrated... Before i release that on you... And fuck the hell out of you for what your dad had did... Go radhi.." Very carefully he whispered the dad part in my ears. No i deserve it... I am guilty... But i cant tell him that. I shook my head in negative as a pool of tears formed in my eyes. " Then bear me!! " Was all he said before ripping my clothes off, pushing me on the bed. He fucked me, hard, deep thrusts... I was soo stretched that i felt like he will rip me apart to death. His lips never left mine with rough feisty kisses...
I so fucking deserve this. I almost cheates on him by not telling him about dhara before. We dint mind to take off the bugs like we did always, before we had sex, This time.. We dint cared. Let dad know. I give a fuck for what he even think. Anyhow, he dint care to think before asking his daughter to sleep with a man if needed, all for his sick revenge and greed.
We layed on the bed wide awake staring at the ceiling. It was already past midnight. I tuned towards vijay hugging him tight snuggling into his chest. " Vijay..... Its your..... Birthday " He dint reply but his eyes held mine as he looked at me for long. I kissed him softly and whispered happy birthday in a low voice, my lips still Lingering on his.