Chapter III

October 31 2013

It's been almost four months of interning at Gotham general hospital. Life has treated Flora swell recently.

That short girl at work might just be Flora's new best friend, Melissa. They've been seeing each other a lot, even outside of work. Sadly, Flora still hasn't seen Barry Allen since the day they met, and it's bugging her more than she'd like. Anyways, today is the infamous spooky holiday, Halloween. Flora's night shift had just ended, and it is currently midnight, as she changes into ''normal'' clothing from her scrubs - a navy blue ralph lauren sweater and some dark jeans paired up with dark ballet flats is just the perfect and comfortable outfit in flora's eyes. As she exits the grand doors of the hospital, walking back home tonight as Alfred and Bruce are out of Gotham, not able to pick her up, which she didn't mind, in fact, she insisted on walking home. Passing by dark alleys, in the cities of Gotham, she rolls her eyes as someone whistled up to her; instinctively she picks up her pace. She stops in her tracks as she hears a woman yell in fear. Flora turns her head to look directly at the alley, where she can see two big men attacking a woman, most likely mugging her. ''Come on Flora, this is your time to prove to yourself you aren't scared of fighting'' she reassures herself. Flora quietly hides behind one of the dumpsters. Time to use the powers of flora. As she operates the rats in the dumpsters to scare off the men, which somewhat works, but not enough. She reveals herself from behind the dumpster - ''hey assholes'' she yells, quickly realizing that it was a mistake, a sense of panic fills her body as they make their way to her, hey at least they left the women alone right? She pushes her thoughts back as she tries to fight them, which she is winning. She's using the training Bruce taught her all these years, with a bit of help from the wind control when she pushes them. However, her so-called victory quickly comes to an end as one of the big men pulled out a gun. Shock. She's frozen, she can't move, she's paralyzed. From a young age, she was warned about guns, mostly by Bruce as they are a constant reminder of what happened to his parents. Gunshot.

Flora closes her eyes. ''This is it, I should've listened to Bruce, I should not have walked home alone.'' there's a long pause, surely if he fired the gun, it would have been over already right? She peeps her eyes open as she notices someone's embrace on her - is she being carried? Bridal style?

She closes her eyes out of confusion and possibly fear. Flora's feet reach the ground, as she balances herself, she looks up at her ''saviour''. She is baffled when she meets herself face to face with a familiar pair of eyes, but who are they? ''Hi,'' the meta-human in a scarlet red suit yelps out. ''Hello...'' she puts two and two together to realize this is an unknown superhero who has made the paper maybe twice. The flash. As the speedster opens his mouth ''I'm the'' he gets interrupted by Flora ''the flash, yea I know who you are'' she says calmly. A smile washes over his face "Really?! People know me in Gotham?" he asks excitedly. ''Well no, but I do, my family still reads the paper. No one else does,'' she spoke, realizing that it may have hurt him as his smile disperses. ''Thank you'' she shoots him a smile, a meaningful smile ''saved my ass''. He lets out a chuckle ''don't worry about it, those were some pretty cool moves though, where did you learn to fight'' he questions, as her answer was as simple as she says ''don't worry about it''. They share a long look, it felt as if this moment had already happened. She breaks the silence ''what brings you to Gotham?'' she questions. ''There's this amazing bake-.." he stops before realizing what he's about to reveal - ''...baked potatoes'' he saves himself. Flora gives him a confusing look but smiles. ''It was nice seeing you again, stay away from these situations, I won't always be there to save you'' as he looks into her emerald green eyes. She gets even more confused when he said ''nice seeing you again'' what have they met before? No, they couldn't have, she surely would've remembered meeting the flash, she brushes it off and thanks him again, as she catches a cab back to the Wayne manor.

--- 

Possible love interest? Barry Allen?