CHAPTER 2 - GRANT POV

Why, why? Grant thought to himself. Why do I have to be punished for my Father's crimes? Her inwardly cringed, nausea and anger, mixing in his stomach threatening his earlier lunch.

Sir Grant, the Third, was the only son of the late Lord Henry James and therefore did not just inherit his father's dark hair, brown eyes, chiseled chin, and undeniable charm, he thought as he admired himself in his Mercedes rearview mirror, No he got 'it all'.

Unfortunately with "it all" came a few hiccups to put it mildly. The biggest one was a lousy fucking deal, made several years ago, when his father, himself was barely a man. A fucking deal that now had the chance of ruining everything he had worked his whole life for. An arranged fucking marriage!

As his Grandfather had explained a few months ago, soon as Miss, what's her face, turns eighteen, he had to marry her. It was a girl from a well-bred family, as his Grandfather had put it. Like that mattered, like it was his problem if his Grandfather was indebted to her family! It was his Father's debt, not his. That irresponsible fucking man, the son of a bitch whose only purpose in his life was the seed he used to procreate. The shitstain of a human then escaped retribution by dying.

A vein throbbed on Grant's temple. That idiotic man! Because of him, for the rest of Grant's life, he was bound to a frigid little girl, he never asked for. If only there wasn't so much hanging off this fucking deal! His Grandfather ensured his compliance by threatening to disinherit him and fuck he needed the money, or his business would not survive and he would not survive his business associates. So if not for that, there would be no chance in hell he would marry against his will.

"Ha," he shouted out loud. "It is your duty," he said mocking his Grandfather's voice. His life was ruined, because of the promise his grandfather had made to that family.

He drove faster, angrily remembering what caused this disaster. His foolish father, Lord James had been engaged to marry the eldest daughter of Lord Crow. But the asshole fell madly in love with another girl, and they ran away and eloped, hoping for a happy forever, not worrying about the consequences that they'd left behind. But they didn't live happily ever after. His mother had died bringing him to life. And after that, his Father returned home with an infant, not knowing how to raise a child, then left and Grant was at the mercy of his Grandfather.

The mere existence of an innocent baby was the only reason that made Lord Crow forgive his friend's reckless son. But there was a condition. His grandson now had to marry the first Crow granddaughter on her eighteenth birthday. Of course, his grandfather eagerly agreed. Grant never saw his father until the day of his funeral. His father found the new love of his life at the bottom of a whiskey bottle and said love had grown much stronger over the years. And it was that very same love that made him die in a car accident when Grant was just eleven. Since then Grant lived with his grandfather, who raised him like his own son.

Grant laughed aloud, smirking at himself in the rearview mirror. His Grandfather had forgotten one thing he was not his father, he was going to stop the idiotic wedding, and still get his inheritance; all he had to do was sit back and watch as his plan unfolded...