CHAPTER 33

The wind howled outside, announcing the start of a storm. Which in these parts meant snow. The fire in the bedroom was now down to coals, but Max couldn't bring himself to move. He was on his back with Hanna cuddled to his side, her head on his chest. He lightly brushed a hand over her hair, letting the silk feel of it run through his fingers. His mind played over the happenings of last night.

He was drained, spent, and breathless after their passionate activities. Just before he dosed off he had taken her face in his hands, he was shocked when he saw her sated sleepy eyes completely black. He wasn't sure if it was a normal occurrence in the rite, he had to ask Mary later today just to make sure, but he had more pressing matters to worry about. How was Hanna going to deal with today? Will she hate him? Deep down he still winched at the memory of how rough he had taken her last night. He would have taken his time under normal circumstances, given her a night to treasure forever... but the fever drove him to a brutal frenzy. Sighing out loud, he nuzzled the top of her head.

Hanna stirred, yawned, and rubbed her eyes, sitting upright, pulling the blankets to her chest. She looked over her shoulder, her eyes trailing over him as a deep red blush burned over her cheeks. Pulling her down to him, he kissed her forehead and whispered "I love that I make you blush"

Burrowing her head against his chest, and pulling the covers up to her chin, Hanna tried to hide from him. "I can't believe that happened last night... you must think I'm such a whore..."

Anger swelled in him at her words, leaving a bitter taste in his mouth "What, why would I? Hanna I took your innocence baby, I know you were a virgin ... do you have any idea how happy it makes me know that I was your first... that I will be your only" a possessive thrill ripped through him and he quickly turned her over on her back; "Are you sore Baby? ... I think I should demonstrate exactly how happy..." He hoarsely moaned then started kissing her, positioning himself between her thighs, and with a gasp and a winch she nodded. Max knew that she would eventually pay the price for his roughness, and he hated that he was the cause of her pain. So instead of taking her in a single thrust as planned, he kissed down her neck to her stomach and made his way between her thighs, giving her orgasm after orgasm, driving her over the edge into exhausted ecstasy.

After several more orgasms, Hanna's stomach rumbled reminding them that they hadn't eaten since the day before. Getting out of bed and letting Hanna stand before him, he dropped to his knees, kissing his way up from her thighs to her stomach, then to just below her breasts, her hands tugged into his hair, as he slowly wrapped a blanket around her, a content smile on her face, when suddenly her eyes darted out the window, and the next moment Hanna screamed filled the room, pointing a finger out the window, toward the tree line... "Some...Someone was watching us..."

Max looked over and saw nothing. "What did you see baby... Wolf or a man... " She was trembling "Man... it was a man ... " Max was furious. Max didn't wait for her to answer as their mental connection clicked into place, showing him what he needed to know "Baby stay in the cabin..." and rushed out of the cabin. Someone was going to pay for breaking a direct order from the Alpha.

Max was enraged and confused as to why his wolf senses hadn't warned him of the lurking danger. Realizing he was still naked Max shifted to his wolf form making his way to the edge of the trees. He ran a perimeter around the cabin, trying to pick up any scent. He made it all the village still nothing. He gave orders to his pack to search and report back and returned to the cabin to check on Hanna.