CHAPTER 6

"Motherfucker" Max growled out loud as he pulled his hand through his already messy hair staring at the dirt road. A large dust cloud was hovering behind the approaching van. It was time, in a moment or two his men would be here. Max got out of his red Chevy Truck, slammed the door shut, pulled on his brown leather jacket, and leaned back against the truck as he waited.

He was mad as hell, mad at that son of a bitch, James fucking Grant, for putting him in this impossible position, but mostly Max was mad at his Father. He could feel the anger building inside him, he took another deep breath forcing air into his lungs, he couldn't afford to lose his temper, not now with them so close. But he couldn't stop himself, thoughts of how this was all his reckless father's doing made the simmering in his blood full-on boil. Max growled out loud. His frown deepened as his lips snarled at the thought of how his father had gambled away all their land in an idiotic card game... a card game he lost.

And Un-fucking-fortunately, the man his father was gambling against was none other than the Agricultural Land Bank CEO, Mr, Lord, Dipshit Sir, the fuck ever he wanted to call himself, the arrogant fuck, Grant James.

Max's gut feeling told him that Grant must have somehow taken advantage of his Father. Which probably wasn't too hard to do when his father was shitfaced drunk. Grant did look the scheming type. He must have known that his old man, Alex Kali, had a bit of a drinking problem. Alex always went looking for answers at the bottom of a bottle. Gambling with the money, his life savings, Max could deal with, and even live without, it was money he could easily make back. But losing the land he would never forgive his father for what he had done. Max touched the scar on his cheek his father gave him as a parting present on the night he left, which was healing, the red mark now the only evidence of their fight.

Looking at the dust cloud approaching Max could only hope that he didn't sell his soul to Grant in doing this, but if that meant he could get the property back, he would sell every piece of himself.