CHAPTER 22

Hanna just sat there with all these new and terrifying emotions running through her. She wanted to go, to run as fast as she could, but a deeper part of her didn't want to disobey him. She slowly got up and made her way to the bathroom, splashing cold water over her face.

Hanna had dosed off earlier, but the loud argument Max was having over his phone had waken her. Whoever it was, pissed him off to the point that he had broken a bottle of beer with his bare hand.

Against her better judgment, Hanna found herself in the kitchen. Something inside her, something primal took over, and she had this urgent need, desperation to take care of him. She walked over, took his hand, washed and tended to the wound. All while she could feel his eyes slowly trailing over her like he was trying to memorize each detail, the mark on her breast started to tingle. She was breathing hard and her heart was banging in her ears, this new unknown feeling was becoming addicting.

Hanna turned and looked up at him, his mouth so close she could taste his breath. She fought against the sensation of everything inside her, but the feeling was more potent than her control. "I can't ... I won't ask permission..," he growled at her. His mouth crashed onto hers, deepening the kiss. She lost track of everywhere his hands were touching her, her cheeks, hips, neck, fisting her hair. Pleasure burned through her veins, urging her closer, and need pulsing through her body. Heat burst over her skin at every point of contact.

He broke the kiss, and she heard him telling her that they needed to stop, but she couldn't, she was on fire, and he was to only way to extinguish the pain. Hanna felt the pressure building. Muscles tightening. Her fingers gripping his neck and shoulder, her release so close, she heard herself whimper "But ... n ... n ... not yet ... kiss me ... ".

But he had pushed away from her. He rejected her... embarrassment flooded her body. Deep down a part of her was furious. His denial of her need, their need. She jumped off the counter and ran to the bedroom, pulling her legs to her. "What are you doing? He abducted you. This is Stockholm Syndrome, nothing more! Why did you kiss him back you idiot ...stupid girl" she reprimanded herself through the onslaught of tears running down her cheeks.

He walked into the room stopping at the foot of the bed. "Leave me alone, you ... you dumb mutt." she said through small sobs, Max held a hand mockingly to his chest and said "Ouch"

He walked even closer, ignoring his proximity, she hid her face between her knees "So there's something I have been wondering ... " Max said breaking the silence. Sarcasm used to be her favorite weapon in strained conversations with James or snotty acquaintances, and seeing that it was the only weapon she had now, she planned to use it often "If its amount where to find a bridge to jump off, I can't help you, I'm new to these parts" She answered. "Again, Ouch ..." Looking up at Max she found him arrogantly smirking at her, then clearing his throat "I want to know your name ... your first name ... they never disclosed it ... or do you prefer me calling you my little captive?". She hated that she wanted to tell him, irritation stirring under her skin at the audacity of him nicknaming her.

"I said leave me alone, I don't care what you call me ... " Hanna whispered against her pulled-up knees. She heard Max taking another step, closer to her and say "Now, now, don't be rude, since you can't decide between sucking the lips off my face or killing me with your glare. I would think you would at least do me the honor of giving me your name ... I'll sweeten the deal and sleep on the sofa tonight, but if ... you rather prefer me sleeping right here next to you ... that would be just fine with me ... " How dare he! Sucking his face ... she didn't do that ... shit did she?, She had allowed herself to be kissed and even kissed back several times now. SHIT!

And she most definitely not spending the night in a bed with him. No way in hell would she. Hanna swallows past the lump in her throat.

And what would the harm be in him knowing her name, it felt like a fair trade if it meant she could sleep in the bed alone, so she whispered "... Hanna ..."

Max abruptly grabbed her shoulders, pulling her up, into his arms, against his chest as he sat them down, pulling her to straddle his lap. Hanna struggled to break free, but that only made him pull her even closer. Hanna stared at his eyes red, his breathing labored, she could feel the bulge of his erection pressed against her core. Max lowered his head to her ear, whispering, "Fuck ... mmm ... Hanna" She gasped as he rolled his hips against her, growling against her neck "I'm so fucking sorry Baby, I am trying ... to resist ... but ... I can't... " Hanna tried and failed to move off him "I... I just..." he whispered through clenched teeth as he kissed the side of her cheek, then her jaw, trailing to the side of her lips. "Don't fight ... just ... " Hanna went still.

She still didn't move as his arms banded around, her pulling her into him again, as he rolled his hips against her core again, sending a shiver of pleasure down her spine. He lifted her chin towards him, then placed a painstakingly slow kiss on her lips and lifted her hips off him onto the bed, turning to leave the room, he stopped at the door, "I'm going for a run. Be here when I get back" Max instructed her still breathing roughly.

Drying her face, hoping that the cold water would snap her out of behaving like a hormonal teenager, Hanna walked back into the bedroom. The room felt humid and stale. Perspiration gathered at the back of her neck, feeling uncomfortably warm, Hanna touched her hand to her forehead, feeling nothing unusual, she decided that fresh air could be just what she needed.

Ideas and escape plans mauled around her mind as she walked out on the porch, thinking of just how easy would be to escape.

Looking down at the steps, Hanna couldn't get herself to move past the first step down. Frustrated she could wrangle enough energy to move past the first step. She sat down, welcoming the cooling night air, it nipped at her, cooling her burning skin. Hanna looked around her, and for the first time, she really looked around her. She could see the lake, the dark moss-green forest that went on for what seemed like forever, and several worn trails leading from the front of the house into the tree line.

But what really mesmerized her was the night sky, the stars shining brightly, one not outshining the other, just happy to share a place in the sky. The Moon now crescent, shined like a hidden smile, beamed to Earth with mischief and secrets. The cabin seemed to be the only one for miles, and Hanna couldn't help wondering how far Mary's village was.

Yawning, Hanna made her way into the cabin again, walking over to the sofa, she dropped down and curled up, closed her eyes, "I'll run away tomorrow," she yawned again and welcomed the darkness of sleep.