CHAPTER 40

Max was chained to the wall. His hands were bound by iron chains above his head. Hanna's pain and loneliness were still fresh in his mind breaking his heart. He knew he had to wait for tomorrow. He would phase and go to Hanna and they could leave and go back to the cabin. He would make it theirs; he loved the idea of coming home to her every day, loving her every day. He would make sure that she never felt loved and wanted and he would make it his life's mission to make sure she was happy. Max was in pain, his body bleeding through the multiple bullet wounds James so eagerly bestowed on him. He didn't want Hanna to feel it the pain tearing through his body so blocked it as best he could from his mind. Just until she was safe with her parents.

The sound of the door to the dungeon being unlocked brought him back to reality. He knew before James entered that it was him. He could smell the alcohol a mile away. He had a bottle of Rum in his hand and waved it around as he walked over to the cage. "Hey, there, asshole. I hope you find my accommodations s..s..satisfactory," he slurred taking another large mouthful from the bottle.

"You could improve here and there, lighting, maybe some flowers, working lavatory... but nonetheless comfortable," Max replied, mockingly

"Don't try and be funny, you... you ... nit...wit... comedian," James fell over his words.

"You sound pretty smashed, problem or are you a lightweight drinker," Max replied, smiling at James who was leaning against the cage's bars for support.

"Ha! I am not. I had a few bottles. I can handle my brandy...rum...whatever," he garbled. Max stared at him, rage slowly building in his chest.

"I can see that, well smell that more actually..." Max said sarcastically nodding.

"You think you ...you are so smart" James shouted pointing a finger at Max through the bars "You think you could get away double crossing me" He continued his drunken rage "I knew something was wrong, I... I knew not to trust a nothing like you" he turned and walked along the bars clinking the bottle to every metal pipe "So I went to the cabin...to see you but I saw you...and her... you turned that ice bitch into a ...a sex little cat...nope not with me, she was always a prude ... I use to get nauseous when I touched her hand...but...you actually made me want to FUCK her... I ... I wanted to be you riding that wild piece of asssss...." James slurred as his own hiccups interrupted him. Max was burning on the inside he wanted to phase and tear James to pieces. But he couldn't he had to wait, he only had enough energy to phase once, and would only when he knew Hanna was safe.

"You see dumbass... you stopped nothing... yes my plan would have worked better... if she had died, but I can work this to my advantage too... you see tomorrow I shall be her wife," James shouted drunkenly at Max who had started laughing.

"Yes, I'm sure you'll make a beautiful, blushing bride," Max mocked, teasingly. James unlocked the cell door and walked toward Max who was still smiling.

"Oh, funny man, aren't you? Well laugh at this," he said and punched Max in the ribs making his bottle fall to the ground.

"Oh, that tickled," Max said and laughed at James's pathetic attempt to punch him.

Max looked at James who started laughing historically when he leaned down picked up his bottle of Rum and walked out of the cell to a cupboard near the door, taking out a steel rod. Walking back he grinned evilly at Max, "You see, Kahli, I would have kept my end of the deal, but oh, nooo... you had to fall for the bitch," he pointed at Max with the rod. "You, fucking stupid ass, you even married her..." he drunkenly laughed, leaning against Max's chest. James pushed back from Max and then struck him with the rod over his wound on his side, Max wrenched as pain shot through him. "Bet you felt that big boy," James said, swallowing another big taste of the Rum. "You see, Kahli, you think you've won me, but you haven't. I always win..." he said, taking another swig. James then swung the rod into Max's side twice, drawing blood as it ripped his shirt. Max heard James laugh as the blood seeped through Max's wounds.

Max tried the best he could to block the pain from Hanna, but he felt as every strike he struck her too. He heard her cry out in pain, again he pulled up his walls again. "And can I tell you a secret, but shhhhh...." he said against Max's ear leaning into his chest. "I am going to fuck your wife tonight," Max growled loudly and pulled at the chain making James jump back and stare at him. After a few seconds, he walked over and took a final sip of the Rum, emptying the bottle. He turned back to Max who was still pulling at his chains trying to get to him. He laughed wickedly and then, using the rod, started beating Max repeatedly over his chest, side, and legs leaving deep gashes in Max's skin with each hit. After he was pleased with his beating James picked up the empty bottle. "See you tomorrow... after my wedding to your wife, after she screamed my name of course," Grant laughed pointing to Max with the rod "See you then".

"James..." Max snarled smiling through clenched, bloodied teeth. "If you touch her...the next time I see you, you will be on the floor dying. That is a promise." James's eyes filled with fear and he swallowed loudly Max knew his treat hit its mark. Max looked at James retreating, locking the cage door, placing the rod back, not once looking back, and storming out of the room.