CHAPTER 5

"Hi Honey," Hanna heard her Mother say as she opened the Limo door. Billy, her bridesmaid, was standing by the door of the chapel, dressed in her "no way in hell am I wearing that dress" a pink puff monstrous dress that Hanna's Mother had insisted on. She was smiling sarcastically, pulling her face at Hanna and waving at Hanna with one hand and holding her flowers in the other with her middle finger outstretched, flipping Hanna off.

This first real smile broke over Hanna's face, as she looked at her friend. Hanna looked at her over to her Mother seemingly unaware of Billy. The photographer was standing near the doors, clicking sounds surrounding him, as he froze images into memories, keeping her smile securely on her face, Hanna made sure to school her face keeping the smile there, to eliminate the 'victim look' of an unwilling bride from the wedding album her mother most surely would be showcasing throughout the next few years.

The sun blinded her. She lowered her face and looked down at her flowers 'Fucking lilies' she inwardly scowled and with her free hand, she pulled the veil over her face.

She started walking toward the church, she could hear her Mother scolding Billy for doing something to the dress. She couldn't look up, her neck refused to lift her head. She mentally started chanting to herself "You can do this, you have to do this" over and over as she climbed the first two steps her breathing became laboured, her heart pounding, harder and louder in her ears.

Hanna closed her eyes and took another step trying to force herself up the stairs. The loud sound of tires shirking on the pavement to her left made Hanna turn towards the sudden noise and felt the immediately sharp sting of pain at the back of her head as darkness flooded around her, pulling her deeper into its embrace.