CHAPTER 35

Hanna was excited about leaving the cabin, even if she couldn't help the prickles of nervousness at leaving the bubble they created. Some small part of her wondered why she hadn't even tried escaping again, why she didn't want to. But in all honesty, why would she? Yes, she did miss home and her parents, but what would her life have been like if Max hadn't taken her? She would have been married to a cold-hearted James by now. A shiver ran down her spine at the thought of being his wife.

Hanna rubbed over her mark, she knew, deep down in her soul, that she never would be able to leave Max...she loved him. As crazy as it sounded, and as quickly as it happened she loved being loved by Max. She loved the way he made her feel, safe and protected. She especially loved his touches...and kisses...

The realization of being in love with her kidnapper made her stomach turn, but she had read enough Romance Novals to know that it wasn't unheard of. Max wasn't just her kidnapper anymore...he was her Max...he was her Mate. She liked being called 'his Hanna and Baby' although she never would openly admit it to him...

A smile played at the corners of her mouth as she sighed. She really and truly loved him... the words played over and over in her mind...hearing a cough at the bedroom door, she looked up and saw Max standing in the doorway, looking devastatingly handsome, her eyes sparked with gold, his hair just a little messy and his jeans and t-shirt hugged him in all the right places. He walked over, and pulled her against him, kissing her fervently. Only breaking the kiss to whisper in her ear "I love you too my Hanna". Hanna pulled back smiling "You read my mind...how...is it a wolfy thing?" He leaned and laughed out loud, lowered his head, and kissed her nose "Yes Baby, it's a wolfy thing, you broadcasted it into my mind, but I loved hearing each word". Max smiled and led her outside to the truck. "Come on, Mary has a surprise for you".

Hanna got into the truck, and after he buckled her in, they made quick work of working the truck through the overgrown path in the forest. Hanna took everything in with amazement, how was it possible that everything was more vibrant and the smells so intoxicating? She couldn't help thinking of how she felt more at home with this man at her side than she had ever felt with anyone in her whole life, her feelings for Max even now just driving were insanely intense. They drove silently until Max turned into a road leading them to a pretty little white building. Right there in front of Hanna was the most amazing small Chapple she had ever seen. It was like something out of a fairytale or Travellers Magazine covered in vines and lush greenery. Max got out, walked over to her side of the truck, and opened the door.

"Max, what are we doing here?" Hanna asked, feeling nervousness radiating off Max, as images of her standing with Max at the altar, kissing him, flashed through her mind "Hanna, you are going to be my wife" He took her hand and walked into the little Chapple.

The doors opened to an even more beautiful view. Each wooden chair looked hand-crafted, and the natural light spilling in from the stained windows made everything look bathed in a soft colorful glow. It smelled musky, like wet ground after it just rained, and the songs of the birds outside in the forest made for the most peaceful music Hanna had ever heard. Max tugged at her hand and they walked over to a Man standing near Mary. Hanna was enthralled in everything around her, that she didn't even hear what Max talking about.

"Hanna...Baby... I know I should have said something this morning, but... this is the only way I can keep you safe, legally keep you... Do you understand Baby?" Max's voice snapped Hanna back to reality. "Yes sorry it's just so amazing in here, I understand Max, and I want to be with you... I trust you..." Hanna smiled cupping Max's cheek in her hand, raising to her toes and kissing him softly on his lips. Max pushed his hand into her hair, pulling her close, and deepened the kiss, only breaking apart when someone cleared their throat "My Hanna, you have no idea how much that means to me, I love you my Mate" Max said kissing her a last time before turning to Mary and to the man, who Hanna presumed was a Marriage Officiant.