CHAPTER 10

Max held her in his arms, so close he could smell the shampoo she had used, strawberries or something sweet, he kept thinking of how close her lips were to his, how easy it would be to lower his mouth to hers. He couldn't help himself she was so close. But when he looked into her eyes he saw the hunger in her own eyes, the need there. He tried stopping himself but with her so close, pressed against him, he couldn't have let go, he would rather have had his arms ripped off.

He moved towards the bed, he wanted, no he needed her close, loving how soft her skin felt against his. He knew that he was dangerously close to losing it, the proof hidden underneath his white towel. He drew her even closer and slowly lowered her onto the bed. But a moment later he saw panic rushing into her eyes. She looked up at him, tears rolling over her cheeks, shoving against his chest, bundling herself up, pulling her dress close to her, as she tugged her knees under her chin.

The tightness in his chest intensified into a fierce storm. Unsure of what just happened. Did she think he would hurt her? Was that what she thought? Just the idea of her being hurt or scared caused the tightness in his chest to change into an angry hurricane.

Max hated himself at that moment. He did kidnap her, she had every right to be scared. How could he not have any self-control? He scarred her. Max turned around and stormed out of the room, not wanting to take a chance of her running away he locked the door behind him.

He pushed away from her door and walked to the window in the small living room. He heard her get off the bed, shut the bathroom door, and lock it. Shit he had forgotten about the key in there, he would handle it later. Max, angry at his uncontrollable urges unlocked the front door and started walking toward the tree line of the forest. He took off his towel throwing it on the ground.

Threw his head back and growled loudly as the phasing started.

His bones moved and changed until he was fully phased into a five-foot black wolf. Max ran into the forest, further and further away from her... he needed time to think, why, had he reacted like a creep, why did he find her irresistible. Every time he touched her he wanted to explode, he wasn't an inexperienced young pup, he was a grown man, the Alpha for fuck sake. He'd had hundreds of women falling at his feet not to say what they were willing to do in his bed... so why couldn't he control himself around her?