CHAPTER 41

Hanna was lying on the bed when she heard a loud knock at the door, she quickly sat up. It was well past midnight, walking to the door, Hanna put on her robe, slowly unlocking it to peek through. James was standing outside, she opened the door a few more inches noticing a newly opened bottle of brandy in his hands. "Can I help you, James? It's quite late..." she asked, annoyance filling her voice.

"I just came here... to... say goodnight. But when I tried the door... it was locked. So I knocked, I never knock in my own house..." his smile faltered at every second word, it was clear James was drunk, she could smell the foul stench of a mix of alcohol as he talked. James casually leaned against the door. "Well goodnight, then," she said as she tried to close the door. Regret at why she had unlocked the door shot through her as she mentally scolded herself.

"No... oh noooo," Grant shouted and pushed the door open knocking Hanna to the floor. "I... I want a good night kissss," his words drawled as he puckered his lips in a pout walking toward her. Hanna jumped up and then quickly moved to the other side of the room, trying to get to the bathroom, which she knew she could easily lock herself in.

Walking backwards "James, please I'm asking you nicely. Leave now!" she shouted pointing to the door. James stumbled toward her tripping over the edge of the carpet, falling to his knees, spilling his brandy.

"Now, see what you did. You dim-witted wwwoman," he shouted as he got to his feet. "You had seeeex with a mad man... butttt... you can't even kkkiss your fiancéeee!" he yelled, right then Hanna knew he had been the person who had been watching them that day. He was drunk and now quickly moving toward her. Grant grabbed her arm hard, throwing her against the wall, and before she could make a move he was pushed against her, pulling her to him. He pressed his nose against her head, smelling her hair, and pressed his hard erection against her stomach, lowering his head kissing and licking her neck. His hands caressed her through over her robe, stroking over her breasts. She was fighting him, pushing his hands away. To her surprise, he pulled her robe open and began snaking his hands up her nightgown. He palmed her ass and pushed her closer to his crotch.

Hanna was scared, shaking as her hands pushed at him, trying to break free. She felt herself slowly bit by bit lose control over the enraged part of her. She felt her teeth extend and her nails grow. She closed her eyes willing herself to calm down. She was at the edge of her control and barely heard Max's voice in her mind calling to her, "Hanna, I'm coming...Hanna, please hold on..." She obeyed each word and felt her wolf's hold over her fade "No love don't, I can handle him"

James who was still busy caressing her, dry-humping her, oblivious to what almost happened whispered near her ear, "Oh, Hanna, taking you will be a pleasure... you have changed so much. It is as though you went away a girl and returned... a real woman. I had to use all my willpower not to have taken you that first day you arrived back as the Doctors undressed you to tend to your wounds. Oh, but I did enjoy dressing you afterward, you will fuck me tonight Hanna, and you will love it, whether you want or not" he said clearly enough through his drunken drawl.

She could hear Max growling and howling in rage in her mind. James turned back, ripping her nightgown open exposing her naked breasts; she pushed at him as he groped at her. A loud angry roar filled the house and He shoved her away, the force slammed Hanna against the wall and made him lose his balance making him crash to the ground. Hanna pulled the ends of her gown together.

James stood up anger apparent in his already red face and rushed over to the door, swinging it open he shouted at her, "I will have you, Hanna. Tomorrow night and every night for the rest of your life, until I end it." Hanna knew that it was a promise as he stormed out banged the door shut behind him and began singing an old English pub song loudly.

She stood against the wall until she couldn't hear him anymore then rushed to the door locking it again. She slid down the door until she was sitting on the floor. Silent tears began streaming down her face. "Max, I almost killed him... I wanted to. Please get me out of here," she reached for his mind. "I will, my love. I promise. I will... I'm coming" She heard his broken voice filled with pain.