Kabanata 23

Serenity Hiraya

I've read somewhere that our strand is not as hard as the STEM strand. Mainly because our strand focuses on social science and literature subjects while the other focuses on Math and Science subjects.

However, no strand should be superior to others because in reality, we have different subjects, therefore different kinds of difficulty. Just because one strand does not have Gen Chem doesn't mean that other strands do not have the right to feel the burden of studying.

Totoo nga ang sinasabi nila na mas grabe ang pressure kapag graduating student. Doble ang pressure para sa akin lalo na't gusto kong grumaduate nang valedictorian. Hindi lang iisang strand at track ang kalaban ko.

Medyo napapagaan lang ang loadworks ko dahil nandyan si Steven para tulungan ako. Mabilis niyang mahalata kapag pagod or stressed na ako kaya gagawa siya kaagad ng paraan para pagaanin ang nararamdaman ko.

There are times that we would take turns in making our project or presentations. We would also study together for quizzes and exams that makes it easier for the both of us.

Love language na nga yata naming dalawa na mag-aral. Kung hindi sa unit ay mag-seset kami ng date sa coffee shop or somewhere na pwede kami makapag-review.

Kung hindi naman aral ay kasama niya ako lagi sa mga gig nila. Minsan pa ay magrereklamo si Cameron na sumasakit na raw ang mata niya sa tuwing nakikita niya kami ni Alvarez na magkasama.

Ngayon ay hindi kami sabay pumasok. Pinauna niya na ako dahil may aasikasuhin pa raw siya at ayaw niya naman ako ma-late. Maaga akong umalis sa unit kaya kaunti pa lang kami nung dumating ako.

After a while, nagsimula nang magdatingan ang mga kaklase ko. Thirty minutes ang lumipas bago sila nagsimulang pumasok sa room. Ang huling dumating ay si Alvarez, mga dalawang minuto bago pumasok ang teacher namin sa first subject.

Pagpasok ng teacher namin sa DIASS ay agad naman siyang naglesson. Dire-diretso ang discussion namin dahil magkakaroon kami ng short quiz after. Pero, bago kami mag quiz ay nagpa-recitation muna siya.

"Class, I have a scenario. Dr. Abella, a psychologist, has a preschool daughter studying in a private school. When he got to his work, he learned that he has another patient that has a past traumatic experience and can berserk when something triggers her. When he came home, his daughter told him the story about their new adviser, who happens to be his new client. He is worried about the safety of his daughter and her classmates. What can he do to protect his child from the possible danger the new teacher can give?"

Pagkatapos pa lang ni ma'am magsalita ay agad akong nagtaas ng kamay.

"Yes, Ms. Añasco?"

"The best thing he can do with the situation is to inform the school administration about the mental state of the teacher so that they can evaluate whether she's still allowed and has the capability to teach preschool students or not. In that way, not only can he save the kids from the threat but also help his client to be mentally prepared first before teaching again," mahabang sagot ko.

"Hmm, good point," our teacher complimented my answer. "Other thoughts?"

As usual, sunod na nagtaas ng kamay si Alvarez.

"Yes, Mr. Alvarez?"

"A question for Ms. Añasco. You mentioned that Dr. Abella can tell the school administration about the situation of his client, however isn't that violating the confidentiality? We learned that a counselor should keep the information of the client in private. And by that, he'll be violating the ethical actions of a counselor..." humarap siya kay ma'am at nagsalita ulit, "the best thing he could do in this situation is to talk to his client personally. He can talk to her about how she is not yet capable of teaching the kids because of her mental state. In that way, he can save the children from threat without violating any of his responsibilities."