one.

beams of light shine through the curtains slowly waking the brunette up. groaning he stretches over the bed to find the other side empty, missing a certain blonde.

"henry?" alex grumbles, squinting as he adjusts to the light. with no response he gets up sliding on some sweatpants, as activities from the night before left them both naked.

the cold of the wooden bedroom floor sends shivers up his spine but none the less he makes his way down the stairs of their corner of the white house, as henry was working with Pez around the youth centres they set up in DC.

as he rounded the corner, the smell of pancakes fill the air, seeing henry sat at the island in the kitchen with june and nora sat opposite him.

the sound of footsteps alerted the prince making him look away from the two girls. seeing the sleepy brunette walk over to him made his heart flutter at how dopey he is in the morning.

"morning sweetheart." henry smiles planting a small kiss on the side of alex's head as the brunette sits next to him. alex gives him a small smile before digging straight into a stack of pancakes.

"oh alex, mom wanted to see you once you woke up." june mentions sipping on some apple juice.

"lemme eat first, maybe a cup of coffee as well." alex mumbles, mouth full of pancakes.

"god forbid you eat at the palace." henry chuckles, rubbing alex's back. the four of them finished eating, talking about plans for the following days, before henry and alex headed back up to their room.

henry flops back onto their bed, still wrapped in his dressing gown as he watched alex start to get ready.

"you coming with?" alex asks seeing henry stare at him through the mirror.

"mmh think i might go back to bed. it was a late night last night." henry chuckles with a smirk. alex continues getting ready, pulling on some jeans and a hoodie, one that henry has worn so many times it smells of him.

alex makes his way towards his moms office, knocking and entering seeing his mom sat smiling at her desk.

"morning darling." she smiles seeing him enter the room.  alex takes a seat opposite her sensing she has news to tell him.

"so, you and henry." ellen starts and alex raises his brow. "i think it's time you two maybe move out." she states looking at alex, only for him to be at a loss of words.

"i- i mean uh yeh maybe, sorry why?" alex stutters leaning forward slightly.

"hun. you and henry have been together now for 3 years, your 24 now and henry 26. you deserve your own privacy, a normal life." ellen smiles walking over sitting beside her son. "i don't want you hidden here, you know. i want yous to get married and have children and live happily." she smiles to which alex blushes at the thought of the future.

"i mean we haven't talked about that yet but, i see where your coming from." alex says smiling towards his mom.

"oh hun, i love you." she says pulling him towards her into a hug.

"i love you too mom." alex smiles savouring the hug.

a knock at the door, with shaan bursting through followed by henry ruins their mother-son moment.

"sorry madame president, but an emergency has erupted at Buckingham palace. prince henry and alex must fly to london at this instance." shaan states, as alex looks over seeing henry emotionless.

"is everything alright?" alex asks standing up walking over to henry as he reaches for the blondes hand.

"we'll talk in the car." his voice croaks out, before turning away, shaan following leaving alex alone with his mom behind him.

"Claremont-Diaz there's a change of clothes laid out, please change and then we'll head down to the cars." Amy says, motioning for alex to leave his moms office.

"think about it." ellen smiles before walking back round to her desk watching alex leave, amy following.