two.

alex enters the bedroom seeing an all black suit laid out with shiny black formal shoes. he sighs knowing this can mean only one thing. quickly he gets changed as well as throwing some clothes into a large duffle bag.

opening the bedroom door, amy takes his bag before leading him down to one of the black range rovers parked outside the white house, seeing henry sat in the back seat through the open door.

abruptly stopping causing amy to turn to alex, he asks, "amy, we're gonna be in london for a while aren't we?" knowing henry doesn't receive the warmest of welcomes from certain family members. she nods before once again motioning for alex to start walking again.

alex continues stepping into the car, seeing henry's watering eyes. the door shuts as cars start to move. "henry?" alex says, gently taking his hand.

"yeh, um." he stutters, clearing his throat. "my grandmother, her majesty. she's fallen unwell." he half smiles, trying to put on a tough wall. "it's bad, they don't think she'll make the next couple days, maybe even the night." he says a tear falling. "and i know she didn't support me or us originally, but she is still my grandma and has always been. i remember once when i was younger,she took me, bea and phillip out to a zoo for a charity event. it was one of my favourite memories with her. everyone was happy, no arguments." he ends with a whisper.

"i'm sorry love." alex whispers, feeling henry's head fall to his shoulder.

"we'll be fine." henry whispers, shuffling closer to alex. the entire journey, their hands stay interlocked the car filled with a comfortable silence, no music or talking needed.

we arrived at the airport, the entrance already filled with reporters and paparazzi. i look to henry seeing his breath start to quicken.

"hey, hen. just look at me." alex says softly, turning henry's head to look into his eyes, "we'll get through as quick as possible. i promise." alex says kissing henry's forehead. the blonde nods before the two make they're way out of the range rover, following shaan and amy while other security guards created a circle around them.

making they're way onto the tarmac, seeing the private jet ready for them, alex leads the way, gently pulling on henry's hand, allowing the blonde to get on the plane first. they didn't turn and wave for the paparazzi like usual, as henry felt he could collapse any second.

as soon as the two made it onto the plane, henry headed to the back, where there was a private room with a double bed and tv. this time henry pulled alex, shutting the door behind them.

"we have to be in seats for takeoff." alex says watching henry unbutton his coat, taking it off leaving there blonde in his suit.

"i know but i feel like i'm going to throw up." henry states sitting on the edge of the bed.

"just breathe for me baby." alex says walking over allowing henry to hug him at the waist, as he stayed standing.

"you do know what all of this means right?" henry asks looking up. alex shakes his head sitting down.

"your in for a hell of a ride." henry half chuckles. "we'll be at the palace for a week of mourning, we're not allowed out. then arrangements for Phillips coronation will begin which you'll be involved with." henry smirks, causing alex to laugh, "but seriously it's gonna be a rough couple of weeks, and if any point ur uncomfortable please tell me ok?" henry pleads standing up, taking alex's face in his hands.

"i promise." alex whispers planting a small kiss on henry's lip, "let's go sit down." he smiles, resting their foreheads together.

"ok, but once we're in the air i want you back here in bed. jet lag cannot be had during these times." henry demands leading him and alex out the bedroom to their seats.

alex takes henry's hand resting it in his own lap, as the plane slowly takes off to london. the flight took around 10 hours, but time was spent just the two of them cuddling in bed and having a few naps, before they were to change back into their black suits and prepare for landing.

"i just want to remind you boys of the protocols for operation london bridge and for when we land." shaan explains sitting opposite them with a clipboard.

"my grandmother isn't gone yet." henry states hearing shaan use the phrase, seeing him now his head slightly.

"upon landing you will be driven directly to Buckingham palace, all roads have been closed off for a direct route. upon arrival henry you will be taken to her royal majesty-" he states before being cut off by henry.

"i want alex to come with me." henry states tightening his grip on alex's hand.

"i'm sorry prince, but that won't be possible. the queen is restricted to strictly just family." shaan sighs.

"you know he is family." henry pleads but shaan shakes his head.

"i apologise henry but i can't make it happen." he frowns before continuing, "alex you will be taken to Kensington palace where you and henry will reside with princess beatrice." shaan says, seeing henry smile slightly at the mention of his sister.

the thought of henry and alex being apart for an unknown time had them both worried. they'd been at each others side practically every day almost since alex's moms election.

once the journey ended they quickly exit the plane into a blacked out bentley this time, still holding hands. the drive is quick considering all the road closures that had been put into place. they pull up to Buckingham palace, henry longing not to leave alex's side.

"i love you." he says pressing a kiss to alex's lips.

"i love you too." alex smiles before henry leaves the car, watching alex being driven away to Kensington palace.