seven.

"you feeling ok." alex checks rubbing henry's back as the boys hands shake slightly. henry turns to face his finance, straightening his suit.

"as well as i can be." henry smiles nervously. alex leans forward placing a delicate kiss onto henry's lips.

"oh sorry, your majesty." shaan says walking in, henry chuckling.

"it's alright shaan." henry smiles linking arms with alex.

"we are ready for you to be mic'd up." shaan smiles, soon leading alex and henry to the broadcasting room. they walk in seeing rows of chairs lined up ready to be filled with paparazzi and reporters.

"alex, henry!" a voice calls out, alex looking over to see june, nora, percy and his mom stood across the room. he walks over, pulling henry behind him before launching himself into his mothers arms, feeling love radiating off her.

"hey mom." alex mumbles.

"hey darling." she smiles pulling away and adjusting his suit, "this new?" she asks, alex nodding with a slightly embarrassed smile.

"they've gotten me like a whole new wardrobe." he says, pulling henry to stand beside him.

"hello ellen." henry smiles, as she pulls him in for a small hug.

"you doing alright henry?" june asks and henry smiles.

"a bit nervous really." he admits before shaan pulls him away to get his microphone attached to him.

"why's he nervous?" percy asks, looking at alex with confusion.

"he's, uh making a speech thing tonight, about his grandmother." alex nods, looking over to his fiancé, which only he and henry know about.

"oh, i thought phillip would be making it to be honest." nora says, a few words of agreement passed between the others.

"he's away, couldn't make it tonight." alex says, not allowed to tell them the real reason, as they all nod.

"mr claremont diaz?" shaan calls over, motioning him to get his microphone attached.

"we'll speak after." alex smiles before leaving to be with henry. they push a microphone pack into the waistband of his trousers before clipping a small microphone to his blazer, and being led to a smaller room while they wait for the reporters and paparazzi to arrive.

"oh henry." bea calls out, seeing henry enter the room followed by alex, "i'm so sorry." she says pulling the blonde into a hug.

"sorry?" he asks confused.

"about phillip, he shouldn't have done this to you." she says examining henry to make sure he's not gonna throw up.

"how do you know? i thought only a few did?" henry asks, looking to shaan.

"you really think i'd let phillip waltz away after sending my favourite brother into a panic attack?" she asks a small smile on her face.

"don't worry, your my favourite sibling too." henry smiles pulling her in for another hug.

"your majesty," shaan bows before walking over, "they're ready for you." he says leading all three of them to the door. alex gives henry's hand one last squeeze before the doors open and cameras start to flash, and reporters shouting.

they walk out henry walking over to the podium while alex and bea sit just behind him on two chairs. alex peers over seeing his mom, june, nora and pez sat in the front row.

"good evening people," henry starts clearing his throat as the room goes silent, "as you know my grandmother, her majesty the queen, had fallen i'll the past couple of days and unfortunately her majesty passed away early hours this morning." he says a few murmurs coming from the crowd. "even though in the previous couple of years the press have reported us not seeing eye to eye, my grandmother loved me and my family very dearly and we are devastated with the loss." he says taking a breath. "my brother phillip was next in line and would have been coronated in 3 weeks time; however, phillip and martha made the joint decision to step down from the throne for personal reasons." he says and cameras start flashing. "so i, prince henry, prepare to hold the crown. I am your majesty." he says before nodding to the crowd and stepping down off the platform, walking over to take alex's hand and turning to the crowd for pictures, bea stood to the other side of him.

he feels alex squeeze his hand slightly, a smile creeping into his face. after a few minutes they are led away by shaan and amy, meeting zahra in the room they were previously waiting in.

"good job boys." she smiles hugging both of them.

"thank you zahra." henry smiles before turning to alex, "i'm going to head straight to bed, you go see the others." he says before pecking alex on the lips and leaving, shaan following behind.

"is he ok?" zahra asks moving next to alex.

"yeh, just still very tired from yesterday." he says sending a small smile to zahra. he gives her a quick hug before she also leaves heading back to her guest quarters.

"so king huh?" a voice calls out, alex turning to see his mom and the others by the door.

"yeh" alex chuckles, "he's kind of freaking out about it." he continues walking over to hug each of them.

"i don't mean him." she smiles seeing alex blush.

"we'll, i mean i won't be king as such just king consort." he stutters, a bit overwhelmed by the idea

"that's still king." june smiles, nudging him in the shoulder.

"yeh, uh about that." he starts seeing their brows furrow, "henry asked me to marry him." he smiles, before june tackles him into a hug, shrieks coming from the girls whilst percy lets out a chuckle. "shhh, you can't tell anyone." he smiles, seeing them calm down.

"i'm so happy for you darling." ellen smiles pulling him in for a big hug before saying goodbye and alex being led away by amy.

it's not long before he makes it back to the private part of the palace being able to take a deep breath knowing they can just relax.

he heads up the stairs, entering their bedroom seeing henry sprawled across the bed in just his boxers, great british bake off playing on the tv.

"hey." alex smiles walking over to him, "you did well today." he says sitting beside henry on the bed.

"mmh, it was ok." henry mumbles, cause alex to turn henry's face to face him.

"hey, we'll take this one day at a time ok?" he asks searching henry's face for an answer, seeing him nod.

"i love you fiancé." alex chuckles walking away to get changed.

"love you too alex". henry smiles wathaving the love of his life get ready for bed.