six.

alex returns the kiss, henry rubbing his fingers through alex's curls before pushing him back onto the bed. henry smirks seeing alex blush before pulling down the band of his sweatpants and boxers.

{time skip}

alex falls down by henry on the bed both panting. they both curl into each others arms all limbs tangled pulling the sheets up to cover their lower half's.

"so, your majesty." alex mumbles causing henry to chuckle.

"let's just keep it at henry for now." he smiles, kissing alex's cheek. a knock at the door startled them, as they scramble to pull on clothes, alex in boxers and a hoodie and henry just in sweatpants.

"coming." henry yells rushing over, opening the door to reveal shaan and zahra stood both with clipboards. he sighs knowing this means they'll have business.

"shaan i thought you said i was off duty until this evening." he sighs, letting the two in, zahra walking straight over to alex.

"that was before we were aware of the current prince phillip situation." shaan says looking up to henry.

"he's no longer prince, do not call him that." henry states, shaan nodding.

"your going to address the nation 6pm tonight." shaan says showing him a script of what he is to say, "alex will be expected to also be there, but not needed to say anything. Prince, you know he cannot sit beside you cannot become king consort without marriage." he says whispering the last part.

"i'm aware." henry sighs, looking up from his script.

"the tailor will be along at 3pm to prepare for the coronation." shaan says with caution to the last word, and henry nods. shaan bows his head before turing to leave.

"your majesty." zahra curtesy's before leaving behind shaan.

henry sighs throwing the script onto the bed. he flips down face first with an even heavier sigh. the brunette watches, sad that henry is being pushed into something he doesn't want.

"so tailors going to be here soon." alex says walking over to sit on the edge of the bed, rubbing henry's back.

"i know." henry muffles out from the pillow, "and i guess your going to be in a slightly different position now as well." henry states sitting up, seeing alex stiffen slightly.

"what exactly does it mean for me?" he asks, looking to henry for answers.

"you'll be by my side up there, but uh- you can't be king consort-" henry starts, before having a wild thought, "marry me?" he asks looking to alex with hope. he takes the brunettes hands in his holding them to his mouth, pressing a small kiss to them.

alex looks to henry shocked at the words that just came out of his mouth. "uh, i mean yes i want to but uh why are you asking me now?" he asks shuffling closer to henry.

"you can't be king consort without marrying me. it would mean we'd be separate for periods of time and alex i can't do that. i need you by my side otherwise i don't think i'd be able to do this."henry pleads.

"we'll then yes. yes." alex laughs kissing henry, only pulling away when they need air.

"i apologise that you won't have a ring dear." henry smiles foreheads leaning against each others.

"i don't need one," alex whispers, "i only need you." he smiles.

"unexceptable. i'll have the jeweller come by soon, some morning." henry smiles, alex launching forward to hug him, sending henry falling back into the bed.

"i love you." he smiles the brunette kissing his cheek.

"i love you too." alex smiles, "and the tailor will actually be here soon so we need to get ready." alex chuckles getting off and walking over to the walk in wardrobe, henry following like a little puppy.

henry pulls on some white pants with a loose pink shirt on top, just casual, as alex pulls on some jeans and a t-shirt.

"you look fancy." alex smiles, earning a laugh from henry.

"casual in the palace. you'll have to get used to it, and i mean you dressing like this as well." henry smiles pulling on some dress shoes, whilst alex sticks to trainers. a knock in the door catching their attention.

"your majesty, the tailor is ready for you." shaan calls through the door.

"yes we're coming." henry says grabbing his phone and script before him and alex leave. they make their way through the place led by shaan and amy, zahra following behind them.

upon entering, alex and henry are met with fabrics laid out across the room as well as rack of suits, including one labelled 'coronation'.

"henry, no one else is aware of your crowning but the people in this room. it is strictly forbidden for anyone to speak of this before the announcement tonight." shaan says, a small 'yes' coming from everyone in the room.

"your majesty." the tailor bows, motioning for henry to step up into the small pedestal. henry does so, alex sitting down on a small couch near by with zahra going over preparations fully focus, until henry began to stop to his boxers to be measured and fitted.

"hello, earth to alex." zahra whispers waving a hand informs of his face.

"oh uh sorry, yeh." alex stutters, feeling his face heat up.

"we'll that can't happen today," zahra chuckles, "so did you get any of that or was it a b it too distracting?" she asks, alex smiling slightly.

"no, yeh i got it. just sit and don't cause another international incident. then stand with herby for pictures." he nods, zahra smiling.

"i have full faith in you, don't worry." zahra smiles pulling the brunette into a hug, "i also believe some guests will be arriving soon." she smiles, alex pulling away confused.

soon enough henry was finished getting measure before walking over to alex smiling, "your turn." the blonde chuckles.

"uh, me?" he asks henry sitting beside him.

"yeh, i did say you'd have to wear some different clothes." he chuckles pointing at alex's jeans.

"fine, but don't get too distracted." he whispers in henry's ear, standing up. he walks over like henry did and strips letting the tailor measure him for a set a new suits, considering he didn't dress 'royal enough' apparently. whilst he was being prodded and poked with needles and pins henry was focusing on the speech with shaan across the room. alex couldn't help but notice henry's hands shake slightly every so often, with him clearing his throat.

"all done Mr Claremont Diaz." the tailor smiles before leaving to write down any notes to follow. alex pulls his clothes back on before walking back over to henry sitting down on the couch watching him.

"don't look." henry scolds playfully, alex putting his hands up in defends.

"sorry your majesty." he chuckles with a smile