five.

a silence falls between the two boys as alex watches henry stare at his iv. "you never told me it was this bad." alex says sitting by henry's legs, receiving a look of confusion in return, "the anxiety, hiding your feelings from people." he dated rubbing henry's leg.

"because they stopped a couple years ago." henry admits, "or we'll i should say the panic attacks stopped, anxiety is still there, i mean who doesn't have anxiety. but the attacks stopped, when your mom was elected." henry says smiling slightly at the thought. h picks up alex's hand with both of his pressing a kiss to the back of it. "i really appreciate you. all of you." henry says, looking into alex's eyes lovingly.

"i love you." alex whispers.

"i love you too." henry smiles, feeling alex lean his forehead against his own, "let's get some sleep." he continues pecking alex on the lips.

alex moves over to their wardrobe stripping out of his clothes just down to his boxers before hanging up both his and henry's clothes. he walks back over to the bed, pulling back the covers and sliding under wrapping his arms around henry's waist, letting his head fall in the blonde chest.

"did they happen often?" alex asks playing with henry's ring.

"we'll i was like this, an iv in my arm most days of the week. so yeh." he replies, playing with alex's hair with his spare hand.

"we'll at least tomorrow we can just rest. i brought my laptop, so we can watch some netflix." alex smiles looking up at henry.

"sure, but i wanna see my grandma tomorrow, if possible." he whispers the end. alex looks at him, knowing he won't be seeing her again until her funeral, which still will be televised to billions across the world.

"let's just get some sleep. you need it." alex smiles nuzzling his head into henry's hoodie.

"you too." henry says kissing alex's forehead.

the two fall asleep, slightly uncomfortable due to henry being hooked up to the iv but nonetheless both being as exhausted as they were fell into a deep sleep, alex waking up around 12:30pm the next day completely missing breakfast and lunch call.

he stirs realising he rolled over during the night away from henry. he turns over letting himself just watch henry sleep with his arm still hooked up to the iv next to the bed. his poor hen. alex will have to break the news to him today, even though they were already under the assumption she wouldn't make it through the night.

he shuffles closer kissing along henry's jaw. watching his boyfriend stir awake. "morning sweetheart." henry mumbles pulling alex closer.
"morning." alex replies muffled by henry's hoodie, or one would say his own hoodie.

"you hungry?" alex asks sitting up in the bed, his back against the backboard.

"i could eat." henry smiles watching his boyfriend. alex nods, getting up and sliding on a pair of sweatpants and henry's hoodie, before going back over to henry giving him a long kiss.

"i'll be back." alex smiles before hurrying out the bedroom. he peaks down the hallway seeing staff perched at every 5m along the corridor. he walks down to the guest kitchen, knowing there won't be anyone in there.

"alex, you know someone can do this for you." amy mentions, the only other one there with alex.

"yes, but i prefer making it myself. especially when he's sick. they don't know him like i do." alex smiles, getting out some chicken noodle soup and heating it up. he knew they'd stick it in the guest kitchen from when he used to stay here under 'business'. he lets the soup warm up before pouring it into a mug and carrying it back up to their bedroom, but not before grabbing himself a cereal bar to eat.

knocking light in the door, he hears a "come in" before entering seeing dr Farouk back removing henry's iv.

"good morning mr claremont diaz." she says to alex, as he smiles.

"is everything ok?" he asks setting the mug down on the bedside cabinet.

"perfect, just removing his iv then i'll be gone." she smiles and does so, leaving the two alone again.

"thank you love." henry smiles taking the mug off the cabinet and walking over to alex, side hugging him with one arm.

"can we talk?" alex asks, henry pulling away confused, "come sit down." he continues leading henry to the bed.

henry puts his mug down starting to grow concerned.

"i-uh need to tell you something." alex says holding both of henry's hands in his.

"i do as well, but you first." henry odd towards alex.

"um last night when you and phillip were in the other room," alex starts, clearing his throat, "uh, your grandma, she decided it was he time to go." alex finishes, looking up to see henry with a tear in his eye. "are you ok?" he asks, henry nodding.

"yeh, uh." he says wiping his eyes, "we knew it would happen." he nods, alex caressing his cheek. "but um phillip spoke to me last night about him and martha." he says, seeing alex nod his head to continue, "they're stepping down from the crown." he finishes looking at alex.

the realisation hits, alex's boyfriend is now the king of england. "um sorry, what?" alex stutters, standing up, "is that what caused last night?" he asks,moving between henry legs, holding his face in his hands, seeing henry nod. he pulls the blonde towards him, henry's face nuzzled in alex stomach as a sob racks the blinded body.

"it's ok hen, we're gonna be ok." he says holding him tighter than ever. he picks henry up under the arms, the blonde wrapping his legs around his waist, and sits down so henry's in his lap.

"i'm not ready alex." henry sobs, nuzzling his face into alex's shoulder.

"no one's ever ready for anything." alex whispers, gently kissing henry's temple. after a couple of minutes of steady breathing exercises lead by alex, henry pulls away looking alex in the eyes, before pushing his lips onto the brunettes in a passionate steamy kiss.