three.

the bentley slows as it pulls up to kensington palace, alex starting to feel slightly overwhelmed with this whole situation. he's never been involved in a situation like this, never mind with the queen, she doesn't even like him.

amy opens the door, leading alex out and into the palace. the large doors open to a grand enterance that alex will never be used to.

"alex!" a voice calls. confused he looks around seeing bea at the top of the stairs. he smiles watching her run down launching to hug alex.

"hey bea." he laughs, returning the hug. bea pulls away looking behind alex.

"where's henry?" she asks, wanting to see her little brother.

"seeing your grandma, i thought you'd be there as well." he asks as she links arms with him, taking him up to his and henry's room.

"i've been there all day, needed a break to be honest." she sighs as they make it up the stairs.

they enter seeing a large kingside bed, decked with red and gold sheets, pictures of him and henry spread out along cabinets. David comes waddling over, being woken up from his dog bed.

"it's almost midnight and i bet your exhausted." she smiles walking towards the bedroom door.

"thanks bea." alex smiles at her one last time before she leaves closing the door behind her. alex takes a moment to fully examine the room. no matter how many times he has stayed in henry's room, he still seems to find something new every time. it's like he learns something new about henry no matter how well he thought he knew him.

that's when the overwhelming a fear creeps back upon him. they've been together for 3 years now which feels like a lifetime but also like 3 minutes at the same time. sure they've been to royal party's and dinners but nothing like this. alex will be involved in his first coronation, the coronation of his boyfriends prick of a brother. without realising it a tear falls, he quickly wipes it away taking a deep breath before starting to unpack his bag, which was already set on the bed alongside henry's.

00:45. alex finally finishes unpacking both his and henry's bags, pulling on a hoodie of henry's which fits him just perfectly. pulling back the covers he slides under shivering at the cold sheets, pulling them tight around him considering it's november and they're in england. he'll never get use to this weather compared to texas. soon enough he was drifting off to a peaceful sleep.

"alex baby." a muffled voice stirs him. alex looks up seeing henry sat on the side of the bed by his legs, still dressed in his suit.

"hey." alex smiles, still half asleep causing henry to smile slightly before it drops, looking away from his brunette boyfriend, "hey what's wrong?" alex asks sitting up to properly see henry.

"she's not gonna make it though the night, they saying." henry says taking a breath, "she wants to see you alex."

"oh, uh. sorry,now? i thought i wasn't allowed" alex asks very confused, with henry nodding his head.

"no one says no to the queen i guess." he chuckles lightly, "there's a car out front ready." henry mentions standing up.

"right, ok. lemme get dressed." alex yawns getting up, seeing the time, 02:34am. not a lot of sleep.

he gets up, grabbing the suit he had on the previous day, seeing henry stood waiting by the door. once dressed he walks over, sliding his arms around henry, who reciprocates the hug. a muffled sigh comes from henry as he nuzzles his head further into alex's shoulder.

"phillip hasn't even showed up you know. meant to be next in line and hasn't even came to see grandmother." henry rants, while alex just continues to hold him.

"has he contacted you in anyway?" alex asks lifting his head to look at henry, only for him to shake his head. the two share a kiss before leaving to buckingham palace.

they arrive, with paparazzi piled outside the gates, new reported trying to get the latest on the queen. the gates open and the car drives through, police stopping the crowds from pushing through. alex had never been to buckingham palace before, whenever he was in london he was always at kensington.

henry squeezes alex's hand before they are both pushed out of the car with tight security and we hurried inside to where henry walks a couple paces ahead of alex, dropping his hand. they stride though buckingham palace, still surrounded by security, until they stop outside a gold lined door. henry turns around to talk to the security.

"please, leave us be." henry pleads, watching security disperse so they weren't surrounding us but still near, "i don't want you uncomfortable so if you feel bad, please tell me." henry says looking into alex's eyes, holding both hands in his.

"i know, but the same goes for you." alex half smiles kissing his forehead. they enter, gently closing the door behind them. there, they see the queen laying in her bed, many medical machines and ivs surrounding her, and to both the boys surprise phillip there with his wife.

"phillip, martha." henry nods to both.

"henry, alex" phillip replie reluctantly.

"so you finally showed up?" henry digs at phillip, to which alex squeezes his hand, non verbally telling him to leave it. henry retreats slightly standing by alex, looking over to his grandmother.

"henry, my boy." the queen starts, so henry walks over, sitting in the small chair by her bed. "just promise me once thing. if you feel forever about him, love him forever." she states and henry smiles slightly.

"i promise." henry smiles, reaching out a hand for alex to join him. nervous alex walks over, taking his boyfriends hand.

"and you," she croaks out, her voice raspy. "take care of him." she says seriously, alex nodding with a small smile, moving his free hand to gently rub henry's back.

"henry, a word." phillip calls out, ruining a quiet moment.