ten.

upon arriving they see shaan waiting at the entrance, clipboard in hand ready. zahra stood next to him also has a clipboard, but is on the phone to someone, speaking rather angrily.

"i'm gonna check on her." alex smiles before getting out, offering a hand for henry to take. the blonde steps out using alex for support before heading inside with shaan whilst alex waits for zahra.

"fine. ok... goodbye." she angrily shouts, "sorry alex." she sighs seeing the boy looking towards her. "they need me at the white house. i swear i tried to get them to leave me be but-" she starts alex hugging her.

"i'm fine. go home, the coronation isn't for a few days, the others are heading home as well." he smiles, pulling away.

"you sure?" she asks looking nervous.

"i'm fine, i'll call if i need anything." the boy smiles seeing her nod before she rushes off into a car.

the brunette walks in, taken aback by the grand entrance, people rushing around everywhere, but his eyes only lock on henry, shaking the hands of the staff before being taken away by shaan into a separate room.

"oh alex." bea squeals seeing her soon to be brother in law, "how are you?" she asks hugging him.

"bea i saw you yesterday." he chuckles, letting the girl hug him.

"i know but still." she smiles pulling away, "henry's through in the preparation room, if you want to go see him." she smiles before heading off to her section.

alex walks through, the busy rush of people starting to make him feel a bit anxious. he makes it to the room, gently knocking and hearing a 'come in' before entering, seeing henry sat on the couch, cup of tea in hand.

"hey." he smiles, setting doesn't he mug, "you alright?" he asks seeing alex's anxious face.

"yeh, yeh. it's just really busy out there." he nods sitting down, next to the blonde, "just needed to see you." he smiles, locking hands with henry, feeling his head fall onto alex's shoulder.

"just breathe babe." henry whispers, letting the comfortable silence overtake them.

"what even is this place?" alex asks looking around the room, confused as to no one else being in here.

"basically a room to keep me away from the hustle. keeps me out the way, at least that's what they say." henry chuckles, taking another sip of his tea.

"i like it, the calmness." alex smiles, sitting back against the couch, letting henry fall back into his chest.

"it is nice, until i'm rushed out with no idea of what i'm doing." henry smiles, looking up to alex, feeling a hand through his hair.

"you'll do great." he whispers pressing a kiss to henry's lip, feeling the blonde smile against his, "i love you." alex smiles.

"i love you more." henry giggles knowing alex will argue with him.

"that's impossible." alex smiles watching henry get up.

"anything's possible when i'm with you." the blonde says, a small smile creeping onto his lips, before he leaves, leaving alex alone.

"ah your majesty, we're ready for you. where's mr claremont diaz?" shaan asks looking behind him.

"in the preparation room. hopefully." henry chuckles beige following shaan. they make it to the bottom of the isle where the walk will begin waiting for alex.

"sorry, sorry. i'm here." he says rushing over making henry laugh.

"can't be late on the day." henry whispers, once alex stands beside him, earning a nudge from the brunette.

rehearsals run all day from practicing the walk for about 4 hours to the actual ceremony for another 3, making it about 10pm once they actually finish and are able to head home.

they load themselves into the black car, henry sitting in the middle seat so he's right next to alex.

"you alright baby?" alex asks wrapping his arm around the blondes waist.

"just tired." henry whispers, leaning his head on alex's shoulder and letting his eyes shut. alex gently kissing the top of his head before they head back off to the palace.

the car pulls into kensington, thankfully no paparazzi due to it being so late at night, alex gently nudging henry awake.

"we're back fiancé." alex whispers making henry chuckles.

"i love hearing that." henry smiles, opening his eyes to look up at the brunette. he gently kisses alex's jaw before try both get out heading straight inside and up to their side of the palace. once inside away from staff, alex sweeps henry up off the floor into his arms causing him to squeak slightly.

"alex!" he exclaims whilst laughing, hiding his face in alex's neck, "what are you doing?" he smiles, settling in his arms.

"can i not hold my fiancé in my arms every once in  while?" he asks seeing henry happily sigh, alex setting them down at the door of their bedroom.

"your exhausted, let's head to bed." alex smiles seeing henry yawn, entering the room and flipping onto the bed. alex goes over to the walk in wardrobe pulling out some sweatpants for him and his hoodie for alex.

"here." he smiles handing alex the hoodie, seeing the blonde hold it up to his face, embracing the the smell. alex walks through into the bathroom getting changed into his sweatpants beige watering to brush his teeth, jumping when he feels arms around his waist and a face pressed against his back.

"sorry al." he here's henry chuckle, spitting out his toothpaste to turn around, wrapping his arms around henry's neck, so the blonde face was now against his chest.

"your warm." henry mumbles eyes closed once again, "and your hearts beating a million beats. an minute. what's wrong?" he asks looking up, worry across his face.

"no i'm fine don't worry." alex nods going to leave the bathroom, but henry pulls him back.

"hey, hey, tell me what's wrong." henry says, gently caressing the younger ones cheek.

"i guess it's all really happening. your know the coronation, our engagement." he whispers the last part, making henry pull his hand away.

"if you don't want to marry me that's fine, we'll take it slow and to your pace, we can-" henry starts rambling before alex cuts his off, placing a kiss on the blondes lips.

"i want to marry you." alex whispers against henry's lips, "never doubt me love for you." he continues placing a gently kiss on henry's forehead, henry nodding slightly.

"it's just the idea of becoming an actual royal is overwhelming." alex says, henry looking him in the eyes.

"i know, but i promise you it will get better, get easier." henry says pulling alex in for a hug, pressing a kiss against the taller ones neck. they stand in each others brace for a few moments, taking in the peaceful spinner beifre henry pulls away.

"get to bed, i'll be there in a second." henry smiles, alex gently rubbing his back, nodding and heading out the bathroom. henry quickly splashes his face with water and brushes his teeth before heading back to the bedroom, seeing alex laying in bed, scrolling on his phone. he looks up seeing henry stood in nothing but boxers and his hoodie which is too big for him.

"i like it when you wear my clothes." alex smiles, seeing henry blush as he gets into bed.

"i'm definitely keeping this one." henry chuckles, cuddling into alex's side, "i love you." he smiles kissing alex's chest.

"i love you to hen." alex says kissing the top of his head before switching off the lamp, both of them drifting off to a peaceful sleep.